Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 May 2012
Don't be fooled by this book's small size - it's full of just the right amount of information for any new cocker owner from history of the breed, choosing a dog, introducing them to your home, advice on equipment,grooming and healthcare & training, all pitched at a good level to explain things well without being patronising.

We bought 2 books prior to getting a cocker puppy - I hear from my husband that the other is also very good, but I haven't yet felt the need to go beyond what's in this one. Additionally, because it's paperback and A5 size it's very light and portable - I have been carrying it about with me in my handbag for reference and to read bits and pieces when I get a bit of time in a waiting room or on a train.

Highly recommended.
on 26 June 2012
Recently purchased the book as we've three working cockers and we're always looking for hints and tips to improve their quality of life and training for us. The book is easy to read and very imformative, however, is aimed at first time owners of cockers more so than experienced owners. A must have book if your thinking of adding a cocker spaniel to your family!
on 19 January 2011
Love the book...As a breeder myself of Cocker Spaniels I found the book very good,informative, concise and interesting. I will be recommending it to all my future puppy owners. Of course another reason for loving and promoting the book..the cover photograph is of one of my puppies!!!Thank you.
on 28 October 2011
I am looking to get a cocker spaniel puppy and wanted to do some research. This book was superb. It is written in lay mans terms and is a throughly enjoyable read, with delightful phoo's. I learnt alot about the breed and where to go for further information, plus which medical conditions to look out for.
on 19 March 2011
This is a really informative little book. I have other books about the breed but this is the one I have enjoyed reading and learned most from. I have owned Cocker Spaniels for 16 years and still found lots of useful tips and information. The author's love of the breed is evident and her book is easy to read. I will be looking her up when I am ready for my next puppy!!
on 26 October 2011
Purchased prior to the arrival of our new cocker spaniel, there is lots of useful information on this popular breed. I would recommend this book to all cocker owners, it's one to come back to time and again.
on 18 April 2012
This is a most enjoyable read which was well researched, written and very informative.

For a complete novice dog owner, me, it gave me the confidence to tackle our pup and guide her on the path we want her to take.

Of course there is still some probems but pups will be pups, which makes them so special.

I have no hesitation in recommending this book for any 1st time owner of a Cocker Spaniel.

Definately well worth the price.

Bill F
on 6 March 2012
this book was very helpful. It has helped me to housetrain my puppy successfully, and has enlightened me about the breed in general.
on 22 December 2013
Even though we have two cocker spaniels, one show strain and one working strain, it's never to late to learn more about these little bundles of jet propelled fun.
This book covers all the basics that a new owner would need and goes just far enough into training, behaviour and health advice to be informative rather than excessively technical. It's laid out in a very friendly manner and obviously written from a wealth of knowledge and experience of the breed.
Ideal for anyone starting out with a cocker spaniel but also containing some valuable advice for those lucky enough to have a cocker spaniel in their family already.
on 15 February 2012
I was very impressed with this book. Not only does it tell you a bit about the history of the cocker, it tells you about the average cocker in looks, weight etc. It then goes on to talk about how to choose your puppy/breeder and also sections throughout dedicated to rescue cockers. This book covers almost everything. Much more than I was expecting, it would be good for a non cocker owner due to all the information about your dogs health too.
Brilliant, brilliant book.