on 11 February 2015
I liked this guide. I bought it, knowing it was out of date but it contains more information than I will be able to use in a forthcoming trip to Alsace. It is very detailed, with good printing and excellent illustrations. It is also just about pocketable
on 26 December 2012
Good Guide as are most Michelin guides it just takes a while to navigate as it is in no particular order but as with all of the Michelin green guide books it gives you a good base knowledge of a area to plan a holiday from
on 25 February 2013
Prompt delivery, as a gift for my husband in amongst his Christmas present. Unfortunately I forgot that we had already purchased this book, no problem to return and get a refund.
on 28 August 2010
I bought this book to research one region only: Beaujolais.

The Beaujolais region starts on page 116. On page 117 it states that the location is "South of Lyon, in the Rhone Alps."

Even though I have never been there, even I can tell that this is a glaring error and I am astonished that it made it through proof-reading. Beaujolais is North of Lyon up to Macon. The Rhone Alps are indeed south of Lyon, which in this book is chapter 12 entitled Vallée du Rhone, as shown on the inside front cover.

Additionally, the map on page 119 shows three suggested driving tours. Many roads are marked 2. Yet the detailed description of route 2 goes nowhere near these roads. Indeed, none of the three suggested driving tours go anywhere near these roads. Is one supposed to guess when one gets there and starts driving around?

I cannot comment on any other chapters nor their accuracy.
on 2 April 2010
This is an excellent guide to the area, arranged in a new and easier to use way than the old alphabetical index that covered the whole area. It divides the area into regions, with the sights organised alphabetically within each. I could not find any guide to the area that compared with it for useful information, and it is just published (2010) so the restaurants, etc. are not out of date.
on 3 November 2010
A good compromise between size and detail. I used it more for planning the trip, than using it whilst there, but it was very useful.
on 28 August 2010
I made a mistake with this book - I thought it would provide assistance with purchasing good wine in the different regions of France. Instead it is a very average travel guide to places to visit in regions that happen to make wine. Do not purchase if you are looking for guidance on wine purchasing in France.
on 2 October 2014
For the first time ever I am a little disapointed with this guide. I expected that it would be full of informoation about wine related tourism. Instead it identifies wine regions and tells a little about the wine and then gives lots of tourist style info about non wine attractions like castles and abbeys.
Good as a general tourism book but very average relating to wine areas.
on 20 May 2011
Although very comprehensive, I found the layout of the book very confusing and not very logical and wasted a lot of time flicking through trying to find locations. I did try some of the suggested hotels and restaurants which were all fine.
on 23 March 2016
Excellent service product as described on internet