on 5 November 2011
I purchased both books as stocking fillers after my husband thoroughly enjoying Information is Beautiful that he received last year. The books are smaller in size, think pocket sized so that was my first disappointment. Secondly they are just a bit lack lustre, there are diagrams in there that I don't understand why they are featured, there is also no explanations to go with them.

For those wanting to buy the man who has everything, get Information is Beautiful, a dip in and out book that my husband passed on to friends he thought it was fascinating. But if you already have that and are waiting for the second version then I suppose these will do as stocking fillers, but nothing else. Don't expect them to be on the same intelligence level.
on 15 October 2011
I bought this book for my fact obsessed son and he loves it. I bought it 2 years ago when he was 6 and he's been dipping into it ever since. He's on the autistic spectrum and is therefore a visual thinker and this book was great when he was learning to read. It got him into the way of reading and finding out information but was in a format that he could take in, as the images are more dominant than the text. He's now moved on to more word based factual books but this is still a favourite and a good starting point for many a school project.
on 25 September 2008
This is an intriguing little book which is both well made and printed. It is extremely cheap and great value for what you get and I recommend it to all designers as it's a nice little thing to have. From a technical stand point, whilst there is written text, the book uses it sparingly and lives up to its name of "Visual Aid" through strong and powerful visual language.

From a readers perspective, there are enough clever facts in there to appeal to a wide audience and brings some nostalgia for things you have once learned. The illustrations are very clear and helpful and overall a nice addition to have to your book collection
on 19 March 2010
(I will post the same review for both visual aids, as they are very similar)

Well, I have been surprised in a bad way.

In a way, I have been influenced by Amazon to get the two Visual Aids along with Information is Beautiful (which is great, by the way)

In this book, the vectors graphics are very poor, the information badly treated. The inforamtions displayed in are pretty basic and do not bring any of the intellectual excitement you can get from a visual dictionary or information is beautiful.

I would advice to avoid these two.

(As you may have noticed, I'm not a native English speaker, forgive me ^^)
on 28 February 2013
OK so we could probably look all this stuff up on the internet but would we bother? No! So they've put it in a book. We attached ours to the back of the toilet door so the whole family is well educated on how to do a bow tie and the tallest buildings in the world (plus LOTS more). Attractively presented information on each page makes it easy to flick through or read. Only criticism is the not-so-strong binding of the pages.
on 18 October 2012
Fantastic! Gives you all sorts of information in a very visual way. An abolsute dream for any Dyslexics, finally a book that gives information in the correct way! Great for any quizers out there lots of information in a compact form, very useful for setting any questions or learning some facts.
on 25 May 2014
I absolutely love infographs as they get you thinking. Lots of 'I never realised that' type responses to the knowledge offered.
Everything is visually shown in pictographs and it's such a fun way to learn statistical facts.
on 13 September 2014
I bought this for my sister for Christmas. She is a graphics designer and said this book is absolutely great
on 17 February 2010
I was a little bit disapoited with the tinyness of the book, you can't really enjoy the beauty of the design inside, i would have prefered a real art book size, like Information is Beautiful i ordered at the same time, witch is perfect.

But still a really nice book i recommend. (n°2 also)
on 2 August 2014
i am very happy with my purchase