on 29 May 2017
Great exactly what I wanted
on 4 November 2017
I've not read yet, nicely produced though.
on 12 March 2017
Great for big riders but not for the average
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 January 2018
Made a great stocking filler.
on 23 July 2017
Some good routes.
on 29 December 2017
Superb routes through some of the country's best landscapes.
on 3 April 2013
This book is nothing short of brilliant. It details (and I mean details) 40 spectacular rides through England, Scotland and Wales. It provides you with all the tools for a great day on the bike. Every ride is designed as a loop with a shorter bail out option in case of time pressures or tired legs. It provides advice, maps, route cards with turn by turn instructions and most importantly statistics on every climb including severity, profile and distance. It is filled with the most beautiful photographs and little snippets of local knowledge. The book gives you access to GPX files for every ride which you can program into your sat nav bike computer. I have just ridden the Snowdonia ride and can vouch for this book 100%. The gpx file was NASA accurate safely delivering me back to my car on a little off road car park. The route was magnificent with Dave's Bon Mots ringing in my head as I screamed down from pen y pass to Llanberis. The book is a homage to the most beautiful British scenery and the best way to enjoy it - on a bike. It represents an unrivalled passion, an obsessional grasp of detail important for not getting lost, a year of a man's life and throughout it all he managed to stay married! I can only guess at how much hard work this represents and congratulate Dave for achieving a life's ambition with a book he should be really proud of.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 April 2013
What a beautiful and inspiring book this is. I consider myself a great student of everywhere in the UK that is 'great' and epic to ride in the UK, and the author seem to have got all of them! This book could have been written just for me! It's also a beautiful book just to look at- it more than holds its own as a 'coffee table' book, though what a waste his would be!

Love the detail to the route instructions (especially the wind direction), the annotations to the GPS files look great and the photography is breathtaking. The routes are just the right length to be termed epics and I can't wait to get started in bagging the rides. Just need more weekends in the year now!

A brilliant achievement.
on 9 May 2017
no denying it is a good advice riding book,but i need someone which have more easily ride lines to try
on 30 May 2016
I've now done 6 rides from this book and every single one has been incredible, definitely some of my favourite days on a bike.

This book is well written and informative, the author clearly has a passion for cycling. I've found some of the total climbing data for the rides isn't 100% accurate though, or doesn't tie into my Garmin or Strava register. For example the Glen Finnart and Loch Fyne route says it is about 8000ft of climbing, whilst Garmin/Strava suggest it is about 6000ft. Not a massive issue, but something to consider when preparing for a route.

Most importantly this book has got me out on my bike, visiting new parts of the country on some of the best rides I have ever done. Cannot recommend it enough.