Customer reviews

Thirty Days Has September: Cool Ways to Remember Stuff
Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:£17.53+ Free shipping

on 6 January 2009
A great read. Very useful mnemonics and other ways to remember information. I have used a number of these with my children. An asset to any bookcase or library.
27 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 January 2013
Bought this as a Xmas pressie for my 10 yr old grandson as he often uses "rhymes" to help him remember how to spell a difficult word. I help him with his English homework every week so I am looking forward to seeing if this will make reference more fun than looking a word up in a "boring" dictionary.
This was recommended to me by another grandchild who is 12-she uses it all the time.

However it is far more than just fun ways of remembering how to spell difficult words.It has all sorts of "aide memoires" such as 30 days has September ,info such as how to remember the longest rivers & largest deserts,and when to use certain punctuations etcetc.I'm a great believer than learning should be fun and this definitely hits the mark!
In fact prior to wrapping it I had a quick flick through and promptly ordered one for myself!Every home should have one!
4 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2011
Dinner guests gave me this book instead of flowers and the pleasure will certainly last a lot longer. Those rhymes and rules we learnt at school still work better than any other way of remembering everyday things. Both useful and nostalgic.
4 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2009
I loved it. It was sooo good. It had a lot of information and good facts. It also helps you with your english, punctuation and spelling. It is mainly on how to remember things.
16 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2009
An interesting, clever book easily set out with amusing pictures. Not too long descriptions so as to become boring. An "aid memoire" for those entering their latter years!
6 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2009
This was another grandchild gift. It's full of "cool" ideas for helping kids to remember "stuff."
7 people found this helpful
on 7 February 2009
This is one of those books that is probably meant to be a "dip in" sort of title but once you open it it's difficult to put it down! My husband likes this sort of handy reference book, useful for quizzes
17 people found this helpful
on 29 December 2009
Having read through this, most of it is useful knowledge for under 10s or not very useful at all. There are other books on the market that do a much more thorough job and appeal to all ages.
3 people found this helpful