on 29 June 2010
What a fantastic 'grumpy guide'! I haven't laughed as much for a long time. The slightly disturbing factor was that I agreed with most of what was being said! Sad or what! I would highly recommend this very humorous book: it really lifts the spitits despite its grumpiness.
on 16 February 2010
Had this bought for me for Christmas. Wonderful! Full of lovely grumpy observations of modern life. Great book to cheer ones self up with. Would like to know who Arthur Grump actually is. I do have a hunch....
on 28 August 2009
Guy that I work with had this brought for him for his birthday. He referrs to it on a daily basis when he has something to 'Grump' about. I thought it was so good that I brought it for my dad for him birthday and he loves it. Great book full of Grumps that you wish you ahd thought of before. :-)
on 18 December 2009
I bought this as a birthday gift and it was very favourably received giving us all (of a certain age)more things to grumble about!!
on 14 September 2010
Some of this is just OK, but some made me laugh out loud. A bit like Clarkson but without the hyperbole. A good read and worth the price - would make a good present.
on 14 February 2009
Bought this for my Dad at Christmas. Perfect for him as he is becoming increasingly hard to buy for. He read it in one day, but still worth the money.
on 15 June 2011
I bought this book as a gift for several adults and it really is very funny and light hearted. Would recommend.