on 13 August 2013
I am half way through this book and I love reading about each individual woman. They are all different but their message is the same. Life is not over when we age, its still the same life. Maybe a bit slower but there for the taking.
on 16 March 2007
As a soon to be 50 year old, I was in awe of the eclectic mix of interesting, unusual, brave and fun women featured in this book. Every one of them had an enthuasiasm for life that carried them through whether it was to overcome a personal challenge, cope with a disabilitating condition, help others or to make the best of life gladdening peoples' hearts as they went. If you want some 'get up and go' look no further for inspiration than 50 over 50.
on 8 May 2007
What a fantastic book! A must have for anyone who is feeling a bit middle-aged.

As a forty five year old I had started to think that I should be content with having had an exciting youth, the stories in this book make me realise that the excitment continues for those who dare. Wonderful pictures, inspiring words - you won't regret buying it.
on 23 May 2008
I bought this book for myself as I was approaching 50. Every page is an inspiration as you read about what different women are doing with their lives. Each woman also gives some advice which I've already begun to follow. The first great suggestion I'm following is to let your 50th celebrations last for a year as there's too much to fit into one day - oh yes!!
on 18 September 2009
When I first started reading this book I was in a deep depression and thought this book would help me pick up. At first it made me feel inadequate. However I persevered and now recommend a read to anyone who feels down. This is a real eyeopener for any women who thinks everything changes for the worst at 50 (bodies sag, hormones deplete, energy saps). I have used this book to look positively on the future - GO GIRLS - WE CAN DO IT!
on 17 August 2010
Excellent Book, 50 very good short stories with a photograph of the character for each story equally as good, with women from very different backgrounds and a very unique tale to tell, will appeal to almost any age, male or female
on 3 October 2015
Fifty over fifty seems a very popular book with other readers but I really got nothing from it all. Given to me as a gift for my own 50th I was interested to read it but found it so dull. I'm just not interested in these other women. Everyone famous or not has their life, do I want to read about their lives - er...no, not really. Most of the women are successful and rich - and I find their lives dull as ditch water, not inspiring what so ever! SO I don't recommend this book, it would be a waste of my own life reading about theirs!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
I bought this book for a friend's 50th birthday and had great trouble parting with it as a read most of it before giving it as a gift. It has some fascinating true stories from a wide range of women over 50.
on 22 August 2015
Good sample of women but should update/review the list every 5 years as I can think of some more deserving women since book was compiled and published.
on 21 August 2013
LOVELY INSPIRIING BOOK,BOUGHT FOR A FRIEND WHO IS APPROACHING 50, SURE SHE WILL LOVE IT.THANK YOU. ONE VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER