Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 March 2012
This is a great book which does exactly what it says it will - helps you select plants and design borders to attract bees and create an ecologically sound garden. There are lots of clearly illustrated plans and loads of information, which is very readable. Maureen Little is the 'Delia' of bee gardening! Can't wait to get started!
on 2 May 2012
I found this book to be a wealth of information. It appears to suit both the novice and the more experienced individual. The book is user friendly, bursting with easy to read map layouts...diagrams etc...recommended.
on 1 August 2013
A first class book for the 'intensive' gardener. I really just wanted to know how to encourage, and help, more of the many bee's that visit my garden. The book is very complex, and I feel really for the 'full time' gardener. Bit too complicated for me, as it really goes into designing borders from scratch, and seems to be aimed towards those with huge gardens. Interesting though, and good price when bought.
on 31 July 2013
I was looking forward to this book, as I am a beekeeper and I have a small garden where I'd like to grow as many melliferous plants as I can. But it seems that Iˇve picked a wrong book: the plans are nice enough, but not for everyones tastes. I expected a "culinary book" that would concentrate more on explaining general rules and offering a wider choice of flowers, but this part of book is rather small, a much larger part is dedicated to actual plans, similar to those diets that prescribe you what exactly you should eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner... if you are not prepared to follow them to the letter, there is very little you can really use.
on 13 May 2013
Lovely book to read clear and easy to follow,have applied some of the ideas and plants to my own bee friendly garden.I'm just waiting for the results?
on 16 January 2013
I think this book will be very useful and will be used throughout the gardening months to help me make the right decisions regarding bee plants
on 27 August 2012
Full of ideas, easy to read, beautifully presented. This book will, I'm sure, become a favourite to treasure and refer to constantly.
on 1 August 2013
Wonderful informative book with lots of tips regarding useful flowers and plants to encourage and support the bees in our garden.
on 18 January 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my husband and he loves it. The book is well set out and beautifully illustrated.
on 9 November 2013
Maureen Little's books are easy to understand with handy illustrations and relative pictures. Very informative and all you need to get a bee friendly garden going. Highly recommend