on 28 April 2017
very good thank you
on 3 January 2011
Much of the projects are fun, and allow you to really develop your photography, but many of the projects are based around either the construction of little extra's for your external flash unit or printing the images you take in slightly different ways, which are not exactly projects but miniature exercises. Saying all that, I like this book, but the title is very mis-leading.

20 Weekend Projects and other Tips - would be more apt.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 June 2016
The book starts off talking about different methods in photography such as defraction, polarization and soft focus.
It suggests using vasceline on your filter lens to create a "softened" appearance to your pictures - I dont think ill be doing this!
Putting stockings over your lens is another suggestion. "Zoom Burst" Is something I havent tried before and had a go at after reading the book, which had a little success.
There are some nice little ideas for night time photography.

The reason i bought this book however, is sometimes my ideas go stale, and I was hoping that I could get a new idea/mini project every week for a year with this book - not so, its literally just pages and pages of how to use your camera to create different effects and not at all what I was hoping for.
It has loads and loads and loads of ideas of how to take pictures, effects to use, things to make to use with your camera but it isnt what I was expecting.
52 Ways of using your camera to get varied images would be accurate.
It is not a "weekend project" to use your zoom lens or shoot in panoramic.

Good for the basic photographer who wants to learn many way of how to get the most out of your camera - if it were advertised and titled that way id give it 5* no question. But Projects No, disappointed
on 28 October 2011
Wow what a book. I am a photography student and have been looking for a little inspiration from books, not found one yet that i thought was worth the money.....that is until now, this book is fantastic, i was gripped after turning the first few pages. Not only does it have 52 projects for you to improve your photography skills and get you using your camera in ways i would never have thought of, it gives you tips along the way as well as teaching you how to make things like a light box and a diffuser from simple things like cardboard and paper! (yes a little blue peter involved). This book would be good for a novice and a more experienced photographer. I really cant praise it enough. It is simply brilliant....
on 9 March 2010
Having been taking photos for over 5 years now i know which subject i like photographing and which ones i don't. Needing a bit of inspiration to try something new and a few challenges that i could shoot with my girlfriend who is new to photography i purchased this book.

Initially i got the feeling that it was not that great i was not going to get anything out of it, how wrong i was. Don't judge a book by is cover and all that.

Sitting down one Sunday evening i read through a number of the different projects it describes and i can say i was pleasantly surprised with what it offered. Fantastic little book that will have something for every one in.
on 9 August 2011
I'm an average photographer - so wanted something to improve the skills I already have, but that I could do on my own (ie didn't require models etc).
So I got this book - and I'm glad I did.
It's very informative and has lots of ideas for creative shots, using the most basic or simple of surroundings/subjects. It's also written at a great level for everyone and the projects are small enough that you can pick through them at your own pace, when you have time.
It even has great ways of creating cheap homemade accessories (such as snoods, diffusers and beauty dishes [to name a few!]).
Although (I'm sorry to say), I haven't got through as many of the projects as I would have liked to yet (but I will!), the book has provided me with new ideas and I've got some great shots using these on projects of my own.
I'd definitely recommend this book, even if you're an expert - I bet there's something in here that you hadn't thought of!
on 29 December 2011
This was bought for me as a present, off my wish list. It might not be the definitive guide to amazing photography (There is no such book)but for the price, I think it offers a lot. The projects are pretty simple, the equipment required limited. Overall a good book to add to an enthusiasts library, in my opinion.
on 30 December 2010
If you're looking for a set of interesting tutorials to improve the way you take and process digital photos then this is the book for you. There are far more tutorials than you'd find in an annual subscription to a photography magazine and at this price (£8.79 at the time of writing) the book costs the same as a couple of issues.
on 21 February 2011
If the ideas in this book don't get your creative juices flowing, then I don't know what will.
Whether your preferences are outdoors or in the garage (sorry, I meant studio), there is something here for everyone.
OK, there are a few projects which don't float my boat, but with 52 to choose from I have found plenty to keep me happy.
One reviewer complains that you need an external flash for some of them and he hasn't got one. Well I would suggest that he goes out and buys one so that he can join in the fun. Every photography book that I have ever read, and I've read a few, contains references to bits of equipment that I don't possess, but I don't criticise them for it.
I have found this book to be an excellent buy, especially at Amazon's price, and it is nicely printed on good quality paper.
Buy it.
on 8 January 2012
This book was bought as a present for a friend who has recently got into photoghraphy. He thought this book was great as he was able to learn a lot
and has advanced his photography. It is packed with lots of ideas and tips.