Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 December 2015
Great book as any other Iyengar book!!! This is great support to all true yoga aspirants. Explains all what is behind the visible part of the yoga practice. Highly recommended to all yoga teachers and advanced students. No yoga postures, contains just textual explanations of all our beings, how they work and interact, common challenges related to yoga practice, etc.. I am sure you are going to love it. B.K.S. Iyengar gives plenty of advises that could be applied to yoga practice and regular life situations as well. Enjoy!
on 7 June 2017
Good
on 6 July 2017
I would recommend this for any aspiring yogi/yoginis. I keep rereading my copy & learn more each time
on 10 May 2017
My yoga journey is still in its infancy but having read this book it has helped me to understand and process what to expect and how to develop this journey.
on 6 June 2017
Love this book and great service.arrived in two days thank you
on 8 June 2017
Great book. Very accessible and full of wisdom.
on 4 November 2012
I actually love Iyengar yoga, tried other types of yoga and have to say this is the one for me. Watching some youtube clips of BKS and reading around the subject I thought I'd give this book a go. I have been reading it ever since, dipping in and out, and find his prose really accessible and interesting. It is not easy to coin the knowledge of the body, and a very physical practice into words - he does it brilliantly and with passion. The metaphysics of yoga interest me and doing my practice at least twice a week when he says he has to teach the person to believe in themselves more than he has to teach the actual movements and asanas - you realise how much your mind blocks or interupts the body. A great, refreshing and enjoyable read, I've now ordered the light on yoga book - his bible - can't wait.
on 20 August 2012
I bought this for my wife who is a yoga enthusiast. Her views are: provides deep incite on Mr Iyengar's thinking on this form of yoga. It is enlightening and unpretentiousness. His age and experience has provided him with a wisdom that runs though his book. A spiritual book with deep meaning and is easy to read
on 4 October 2005
I have copies of Light on Yoga, Light on the Yoga Sutras and The Tree of Yoga but I have to say that Light on Life is the most accessible of them all. Don't think that means that Iyengar has dumbed down! He still addresses yoga seriously but there is a lightness of touch here that I haven't found evident in his earlier writing.
His explanations are clear and given along with examples from his own thoughts and experience as well as the classical yoga texts. There were many points when I put the book down and just thought about what I'd just read. To me, that's the sign of a good book!
This book should be on the shelves of all yoga students (whether you practice Iyengar yoga or not) but I think there are passages that would also benefit non-yogis. Particularly in Chapter 3 where Iyengar briefly deals with The Six Emotional disturbances. His explanation of the difference between feeling and emotion has been buzzing round my head since I read it.
Buy this book... you won't regret it!!
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 August 2013
I am enjoying this book though it is not the lightest read. I am liking the fact that I am able to benefit from the teachings of yoga theory and practise and it is helping me to sleep and relax - makes sense really doesn't it!