on 1 December 2008
When I ordered this book, I wasn't sure when I'd find time to read it as I've got plenty of work on and a huge pile of books queuing up to be read! However, I have been blessed with a bout of the lurgy, bad enough to make me feel disinclined to work, but not so bad as to make feel horribly uncomfortable. Perfect for sitting around and reading! After hearing Rachel speak at the London Tarot Conference, I knew I had to read this book. She is a naturally gifted storyteller, fuelled by many years of experience and wisely learned lessons.

The series of short stories contained within these pages take you on a journey of the soul, painting vivid images which though often surreal and dreamlike seem very real. We seem to be looking at a mirror of the world around us which shows us the truth that lies beneath. Rachel's writing is profound yet humorous, deeply philosophical yet easy to digest. Yummy even. :)

I've been completely hooked from beginning to end, moved to both laughter and tears. Though I am a Tarot obsessive, I don't think you need to be neccessarily to enjoy these stories- though an inquiring nature and an open mind would certainly help! For those who like me are deeply in love with the mysteries of Tarot, 'The Tarot of Perfection' is a rare and wonderful treat. Thank you Rachel! And thank you Magic realist Press for bringing it to us!

Emily Carding (Transparent Tarot)The Transparent Tarot
on 8 January 2010
"...these stories will open new ways of seeing and meditating on the cards "

These short stories are truly wonderful! They touch your mind and bestow it with a gift of vision, that allows you to see the Tarot alive and dancing and with so many new stories to tell you. If the Tarot seems flat and lifeless, these stories will bring it to life and allow you to see it in a wonderful new light.

Rachel has written these stories using the Tarot as inspiration for its highly imaginative characters, situations, twists and turns and intertwines them with deep wisdom and inspiring clarity.

Rachel also provides tips and a Tarot spread, to help you use the Tarot as a guide for writing your own Tarot inspired stories..

Highly recommended!
on 30 May 2013
Very engaging short stories that linked together nicely. And a great idea to use the cards as a springboard for creative writing but I suppose I was hoping for a further insight into the cards themselves which was not evident to me, but that might just be me being daft.
A great book of short stories, an ok book of tarot guidance.
on 15 August 2011
This is a good guide to read the tarot. It allow us to know and understand its meanings as well as to make readings. The author takes the subject seriously and reverently. Her creativity is left to get the best of the cards.