Customer reviews

on 20 October 2016
HAHAHA !!!!!
on 18 August 2010
I looked forward to reading this book as I had enjoyed 'The Tent The bucket and me', so much. There is no comparison. The afor mentioned book is probably one of the funniest books I have ever read, but ,How to bring up your parents, I found was plain silly in parts. 'The tent the bucket and me ' has pride of place on my bookshelf as it never fails to make me laugh. :How to bring up your parents is currently sitting in a carrier bag waiting for dispatch to the charity shop.
on 21 October 2010
I bought this book at a charity shop for 20p. I was ripped off! It's supposed to be funny but after one hour of pure boredom I finally had to concede defeat in the quest to find even a small chuckle. I love silliness but this book just seemed to be written in a childish style for herself or her immediate family/friends, who could appreciate & share her 'in'-jokes. I'm really sorry to be so negative but I would say avoid at all costs. Maybe it's not aimed at men?
on 11 December 2007
I loved this book. A hilarious read with proper belly laugh out loud moments. Emma Kennedy is a great writer and her parents are legends. I would thoroughly recommend this. And it would make a fantastic present for anyone who's ever had parents.
on 15 July 2007
Anybody who has read Emma Kennedy's blog knows she is a very funny and witty writer and this book is full of laugh-out-loud moments. You will recognise your own parents in some of the anecdotes and there is practical advice for how to deal with the inevitable role reversal that happens when they reach a certain age. It is brilliant and ideal for a gift.
on 27 August 2007
Funny and highly entertaining, Emma Kennedy gives us an insight into her life with her parents. I'm not sure about helping me manage my own parents, but at least it made me feel I wasn't alone in having ridiculous conversations with dad over Sunday lunch or having a mum with terrorvision. Very very funny and well worth a read.
on 14 May 2008
This was a joy from cover to cover. The anecdotes were wonderfully told and very very funny and I found it very difficult to put down. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.
on 19 November 2014
Lovely book, entertaining and easy to read.
on 16 September 2010
I have read her other book The tent the bucket and me and thoroughly enjoyed it, but i did not like at all the format of this book written as if it was a reference type read not a novel.
on 13 October 2008
Emma Kennedy's parents are brilliant. You'll want to borrow them after reading this. And Emma herself is very funny. Excellent read and would make a good Christmas present.