Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 June 2013
I enjoyed this book it brought back some very happy memories I just wish it had better and more illustrations
on 19 November 2011
I ordered this despite it said Paperback in the description. How surprised and happy i was to find that actually it is in fact hardback book. For me that just added to it. I'm suppose to be giving it as a gift. but i think i might just have to have one more good look through before i wrap it up. can't wait to seeher face when she opens it, and we stroll down memory lane together.
on 23 May 2013
Take a trip down memory lane with all the toys that you wanted, some of those that you had and the ones that you don't remember forgetting!

Written with a sense of humour, in jokes and some interesting facts about the toys that you had growing up this book gives an overview of many of the toys you had or wanted as a child. Definitely worth a read.
on 23 May 2013
Most of the book contain toys that I lusted after as a child [not the girl stuff!].
Some them still draw me and if I saw them at a boot sale of junk shop I would be tempted to buy.
Lots of useful facts and figures that gave me moments of 'fancy that' and 'I didn’t know that'.
If you are a child of the 60's or 70' this will delight.
on 23 April 2008
It's brilliant. Many of the toys I had as a kid and plenty of the ones I wanted and never got are all here in one great book. Easy to read and often amusing. Dissapointing review of Super Flight Deck (my alltime fave toy) but not as scathing as James May's view of the same item in his Top Toys TV show from Xmas 2006.

Go and buy this book now!
on 9 July 2011
I bought this on first publication, and it's a perfect coffee-table book, spanning eras of toys that will be creamy to wide age-ranges. The evocative images are one thing, but discounting those you've got with a great read in the traditional TV Cream "house-style" - knowledgeable, yet irreverent.

Definitely worth a buy.
on 25 September 2011
I didn't have very high hopes for this, expecting it to be like one of those Channel 4 "100 greatest something or other" programmes, but it was actually a bit better than that. In the few pages that make up the sample, I found one or two 'laugh out loud' moments and generally, it was well-written and perfectly enjoyable.
on 25 May 2009
I really enjoyed this book as it reminded me of things i had as a child and the things I wanted and never got. It's also a reminder of how simple a lot of the toys actually were. This would make a great gift for someone or just to add to your own book collection as i did. Would definitely recommend it.
on 4 February 2008
Very funny, especially loved the Girl's World and Kerplunk pieces. Can't wait to buy my own future children pointless pieces of plastic one day and smile knowingly at their enchanted faces as they clap their hands in glee.
on 29 March 2008
A fun reminder of many toys, mainly from the seventies and eighties. Loads of great photos that are sure to bring back memories of your own childhood toys and those that you wished you had (but only saw at your friend's house or on TV). The text is the only reason for not giving 5 stars. While jokey it is not always as amusing as it thinks it is and it would have been good to have had a little more accurate information about the toys mentioned. Get "The bumper book of fads and crazes" by Richard Lewis with this. Although there are no photos in the fads book, it has the great text the TV Cream Toys book should have had to complement the photos.