Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 March 2013
Laughed and cried reading this. I can see people are the same wherever you live. Keep up the good work x
on 10 May 2013
this book is absolutely brilliant, i really enjoy the stories and anecdotes and surprisingly enjoyed the short blogs. i have already recommended this book to friends and family and am so glad i decided to give it a go.
on 10 August 2014
Was a good read and a really good insight into a paramedics life and work. Keep up the good work Brian :-)
VINE VOICEon 1 October 2010
Having downloaded this as my first "proper" book on my new Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation it was an excellent read providing an interesting insight into the world of an paramedic through a series of blog posts. Edited to keep only the most interesting and updated with comments this book is easy to read and rings true for real life. Set in London the author keeps us entertained throughout with the use of humour alongside interesting stories - well worth downloading. The only reason this doesn't get five stars (the content is worth it) was the formatting on the Kindle was sometimes a little awkward. Otherwise I can't wait to get into More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2013
I did not like this because of
a) the writing style. Seemed to be like rough notes which were never improved upon.
b) the attitude of the writer to his patients was very painful to read. Maybe this type of sentiment could be expressed to colleagues after a bad day but not in public. I think too that contrary to authors opinion the majority of patients and relatives are pleasant and polite even when ill.
c) I feel that i wasted my time. I gained no pleasure from it. I learned nothing from it and the only emotion it aroused was disgust.
on 26 January 2007
Blood, Sweat & Tea is a collection of 'Tom Reynolds' favourite posts from his blog, random acts of reality, annotated to give updates and comment on how he now feels about what he had then written. The book is funny, tragic and intriguing all at once, and certainly dispells any misconceptions you may have had about the job of paramedics and what they can really do to save people. Whether or not you had read the blog previously(I hadn't), this book will certainly keep you entertained, and possibly even inspire you to change career. A good read, whatever your medium.
VINE VOICEon 22 February 2010
Tom Reynolds is the pseudonym for a London Ambulance Service (LAS) driver and emergency technician. One of the guys in green who rush out to answer 999 calls in London.

This is taken from his blog, first published in book for a few years ago, and this is the updated version. Reynolds shares with us his daily blog and what happens to him on a daily basis and very much opens a window onto a part of life we probably don't see much of and don't understand. In the LAS no two days are the same, so we have tales that will frustrate you, make you sad, make you laugh, make you angry - the whole range of emotion and experience seen through a yellow and green vehicle with blue flashing lights.

You will admire the operatives of the LAS a lot more for reading this, an underpaid and undervalued essential service. There are other aspects of the NHS that you will admire a lot less for reading this and you feel that Ministers and NHS managers would benefit from reading the view from the front line. Reynolds has his own style and it's simplicity and honesty is what makes this so 'real'.

This is great stuff, both entertaining and interesting. If I am ever in need of an ambulance on London, I hope Tom Reynolds is behind the wheel, but I also hope he makes a stack of money from this book, he deserves it.
on 10 March 2013
Although not a good literary work,I found this book very informative,especially the use of mobile phones to identify people.I have passed this onto whoever I've spoken to since reading about the potential use of mobiles for ID & will continue to do so.

This book has confirmed my suspicions about the inappropriate use of our ambulance service &the time wasters in our community.

I did get a bit sick of his rants & repetitions but they just show that he is human.
on 16 January 2015
I was expecting amusing antidote's.
What i got was an incredibly bitter, miserable man moaning about everthing, ridiculously negative and desperately boring.
I would'nt give this book to my worst enemy.
Worthless.
on 16 February 2007
Blood, sweat and tea is a printed version of parts of an online blog written by Tom Reynolds. It very easy to read and engulfs you into the sometimes bizzare world of the London Ambulance service.

His entries vary from drunks who have fallen over to tradgic cardiac arrests.

This is a fantasic read which is sometimes very funny, sometimes very sad and most of the time very cynical.