on 1 February 2012
It appears that this book has had material lifted without permission or recognition from Logan Holmes work on the topspurs website, which itself goes back to Graham Betts in his book `Spurs Day - to - Day Life at White Hart Lane'.
The facts and dates of games are public knowledge, however in reproducing a deliberate error and referencing obscure games in Northern Ireland and one on Logan's wedding day, there is sufficient grounds to think that the website was used, and no permission was ever requested or published in the book which is not on.
The author has simultaneously knocked out Liverpool and Man City equivalents, so if you want a book patched together from free sources on the web for which the journalist has scant regard for his free sources and with no real feel for the club, this book is probably ideal.
If you are after a book like this, may i suggest the original work by Graham Betts Spurs: Day-to-day Life at White Hart Lane (A day-to-day life)
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2012
The material for this book was directly lifted from an online website where the research and writing was done by Logan Holmes... please do not reward this man by buying the book. Go to [...] where you can access the material for free!
on 2 February 2012
Blatant rip off of freely available work available by Logan Holmes @ Topspurs.

Even includes deliberate mistakes by the original author. Don't waste your time buying this, it's plagiarism at its worst.
on 1 February 2012
The creation of the core body of the work has been lifted from a website, run by a Spurs fan, for Spurs fans, and this is a sham production.

People should be aware that they are giving money to people who do not deserve credit.
on 2 February 2012
I remember during a family holiday in Malta in 1989, finding a pirate VHS copy of Tim Burton's `Batman' in a local market that I'd previously ignored due to the prevalence of hats with fake ponytail attachments, and tea towels with maps of Malta on.

It had barely reached British cinema yet, and if I'm honest, the rest of the holiday was a bit rubbish after that as all I wanted to do was get home, watch it, and boast to my school friends that I'd seen the film. Their stupid, jealous faces would surely gawp as I enjoyed a delicious piece of one-upmanship. Surely this time, they would all say I was best.

I did get home, and I did watch it, and I told everyone at school and nobody said I was best, and I knew I wasn't. I wasn't best at all. Not just because of Keaton's eyebrows or even the Russian subtitles, but because as much as I thought I would be beating everyone else to something, in the end I didn't have anyone to talk about it with. It was a solitary victory, a lonely one. I just couldn't share it.

That's why I so applaud Mr D. Clayton in his release of this book. We get to share this with not only the tens of dozens of people who might buy it, but also the thousands of people who have read all the content before, when it was written on the internet by someone else.

Which is why we should all be thankful to Mr Clayton for all his sterling work. I was using Microsoft word for a good few years before I even knew what buttons to use when cutting and pasting stuff, and even now I wouldn't want to do it 16 times in a row before sending it to a publisher. That lunch break he spent with his eyebrows furrowed in concentration, tip of tongue out of the corner of his mouth, as he negotiated holding down the Ctrl key and tried to remember if he should press `C' or `V'? He did that. He did that for all of us. Especially you.

Maybe it's a childhood love of Scrabble, but I've always had a great fondness for taking some letters and words from off of a place, and then putting them in a different place where they previously weren't. Mr Clayton obviously takes this to a new and exciting level and should be rewarded, either with a Pulitzer prize, or perhaps spending some time reading this book. Of course, he could alternatively use the time reading this book to `write' 20 more of his own, but at least he might learn something.
on 1 February 2012
The author and publisher should both be ashamed. This appears to be a blatant, opportunistic attempt to profit from someone else's (freely available) work. Yes it's in our nature to imitate.... we just don't usually apparently do so quite so unscrupulously.
on 26 March 2015
A must read for enthusiastic fans.
on 26 December 2012
This was a hit with the Spurs supporter in the house! Full of interesting facts and 'I didnt know that' value
on 9 January 2012
well for any Tottenham Hospur Fans this book is just what they would dream about and would recommened to any other supporters and thats coming from two such fans in my family.