on 25 July 2014
Tastes as good as it looks. Happy tums all around.
on 14 February 2017
great all fine
on 22 February 2009
I think this is an excellent addition to my (large!)collection of cookbooks. There are a very wide variety of recipes included - most contain dessert storecupboard staples (e.g honey, syrup, sugar, flour), so I can now whip up several puddings without trudging to my local supermarket for ingredients. The recipes vary in complexity but I can always find something that can be produced within a convenient time frame for the occasion.

There are some favourites included (the 'icky sticky toffee pudding' is to die for!) - I agree that several recipes are available in other cookbooks but one must appreciate that no two recipes for the same pudding are ever exactly the same & anyway this book brings them conveniently under one book. There are also very rare 'vintage' puds' included that without this volume would be lost in time.

Worth every penny.
on 14 June 2010
I love this book, it's the best recipe book I own. I get excited every time one of these puddings is ready to eat. Every single recipe in this book tastes deliciously fabulous and is easy to make. The book has beautiful illustrations, clear instructions and even a little bit of history about the origins of each pudding. This is an absolute MUST!!!!
on 6 December 2011
i saw this book and had to have it a lot of old fashioned recipes have tried some which are great besst cook book ever for puddings
on 8 July 2015
Bought this as my grandson needed a Tudor recipe for his school homework, found one on the internet, which came from this book. We followed the recipe and I have now bought the book...says it all really.
on 22 April 2014
Many old favourites in this lovely book and also some I have never tried. Look forward to using more often.
on 4 February 2009
For someone who has never made a pudding, or was brought up to only nibble vegetables, this book could be a useful introduction to the world of puddings, but experienced cooks could consider it a little disappointing in content. It neither has a comprehensive range nor includes any of the lesser known puddings and almost all puddings described can be found in most other recipe books. So, if you are looking for something different or nostalgic to prepare for a winter's Sunday lunch, this probably isn't the book for you
on 14 February 2017