on 4 May 2017
Excellent resource
on 1 March 2017
The whole premise of the book is to have an objective system and understanding to work against. Whilst Gray Cook's knowledge is incredible I felt the book was lacking a "do this" type recommendations...although I understand Grays reluctance to do this and his reasons for this I cannot help but feel disappointed. Grays knowledge has definitely made me question my own practice and my decisions for my programming with my athletes as well as my system...but the book provides more questions than answers. Although a useful read it could have been a lot shorter
on 9 May 2012
I bought this book on a recommendation from an experienced trainer in Kettlebells and primal Move. It is easily the most detailed book on movement and function I have ever seen with an incredible amount of detail contained. The information contained is exhaustive and comprehensive but be warned it is not an easy read and will require being read several times to get the most out of this. The only reason I have for not giving it 5 stars is the fact that the writing style does not make it easy to find information quickly. As long as you are not under illusions that this is a quick reference or a beginners guide then this is the best book you will ever find on functional movement theory and testing.
on 23 April 2017
This is a must-read for anyone who wants to educate movement, fitness, on any permutation inbetween. Looking forward to reading his next book too!
on 24 December 2011
Very in depth book, probably of great benefit to Physio's, as it shows loads of physical tests for muscles, not really something you can just pick up and read, i would say its more of a reference text.

I brought this to learn more about movement and with a view to increase the efficiently of my workouts, not being a medical person, this could take a while to digest the information involved, so i can apply it to exercise.
on 26 September 2014
Really heavy read. No doubt some really useful information in the book but its really, really heavy going and quite repetitive. I found it hard going and not really an enjoyable read.
on 3 March 2016
A fantastic starting place for learning about functional movement. Easy to read and comprehensive. I learnt a lot from this book.
on 11 March 2016
Whether your recovering from injury, a sports therapist or just want to train in a common sense, purposeful, structured way this is a very good reference book for you. Functional training for sport is worth a read before this one as it has more photos to go along with the exercise descriptions. Photos are sadly lacking in this one. The 2 books have certainly influenced how I will train in the future
on 16 October 2015
30 % into the kindle book.. just got to the start of the clinical bit. First 30% repeats itself quite a bit with a lot of author ramblings in my opinion to labour his philosophy..this could have been much shorter...tough going but looking forward to get to the clinical bit now.
on 29 September 2015
A very in depth read, can be quite daunting for people who are new but read and re-read if you have to. It is well worth the nuggets of knowledge and experience embedded in this book. Looking forward to doing the FMS cert and to start applying.