Customer reviews

on 15 January 2013
I have been collecting these for around 50 years now and it's the book to get for a full review of the year's motor sport around the world. My only gripe is that they are all starting to look very similar. This is Vettel's third title in a row and this and the previous 2 Autocourse editions look very alike and, dare I say it, a little boring. A more comprehensive technical section with cutaways would be good (like Autosport do in their Christmas edition)and perhaps a driver-by driver review rather than simply the top 10. I suppose change is a bit heretical, but when the circuits and the results are starting to look the same on the printed page and in the photography, I think something is needed. I am giving it two more years and then stopping unless it gets (a) a makeover and/or (b) a bit cheaper.
on 30 January 2013
It contains all the technical info about the cars, teams and drivers. Full stats of each GP race, qualifying and practice, graphic of driver position for each lap and race classification. Plus most important the driver and manufacturer standings.
The other championships, GP2, GP3, F2, F3, GT, WTC, BTC, W8 Supercar, Nascar, Indycar and KARTs are given fair and ample coverage.
The photos are excellent, with plenty of different race and pit views.
I have bought Autocourse every year from 1976-77 and read it from cover to cover.
on 19 January 2013
I buy this book every year and have done since 1988. It has done nothing but improve over that time and has everything you need to know about F1 in 2012. It will appeal (as usual) to anyone who is serious about F1, all the features are well written and the race by race reports are spot on. The top 10 drivers chart is always a talking point in my household and it creates a good discussion. It's not the cheapest series of books but without doubt I think it's still the best.
on 10 February 2013
I have been purchasing Autocourse since 1972. I did miss a few years when I lived in Japan, and was unable to purchase it, but, havent missed an issue since 1997.

Always a great record of the years' F1 season. I purchase it for the photography and the technical articles.
on 2 January 2013
My family have bought this annual since 1984. It contains the most minute detail and cannot fail to please us F1 nerds.
Because the season is now longer it's nip and tuck whether it arrives in time for Christmas. It did in 2012!
on 24 January 2013
Usually bought for me as an Xmas present, but seems to come out too late these days - not helped by the longer seasons. Now getting pricey, and if I did not have the annual back to 1976, whould now consider the FIA annual @ £22.00
on 10 January 2013
Yes it is an expensive book but these are some of the best quality books i have ever bought top quality and great content make it a must for all F1 fans I look forward to receiving this every Christmas
on 2 January 2013
Buy this every year for my husband for Christmas.
It always arrives just in time, and he collects them.
He found the latest one a very good read.
on 15 January 2013
Would not be proper Christmas for my husband if I did not buy auto course. The 'bible' for motor sport fans.
on 27 August 2013
I have a number of these from the late 80s - the quality has been maintained into the current publication. It's all here and so for a GP fan its an excellent purchase. Glossy pages - v good photos and all the stats you might need.