Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 March 2011
I picked this book at random for my daughter 8 and once she started it she was tranformed. Where was she?
She was like a book with legs.
Unbelievably excited by this book she read it from cover to cover in one sitting and we then had to get all the others, there are only 4 in total, which were finished before the week was out.
She can't stop talking about them, has bored all her friends and now lent the books out and they are getting hooked too. Her main enthusiasm for the books is that the action starts immediately rather than slowly building up and the characters are great esp Hugo the ghost.
Ms Funke please go write some more - we are re-reading and waiting!!
on 21 January 2008
My son is 5.5 and he has been obsessed with these Ghosthunters books since he was 4 (we had advance copies, fortunately for him). GILIGs are now part of our lives (he thinks they live in our attic, and that Hugo is in the cellar). He lives and breathes Ghosthunters (we have to invent our own stories every time we go for a walk - though as he knows the books by heart, they are rather reminiscent of the originals!!) They're scary, but not too scary, and the characters are nicely differentiated. They've opened up a whole imaginative world for my son, and you can't really ask for more of a book!
on 28 November 2007
What an amazing book. How did she write it? I thought it was really exciting. It is the best book in the world.

These are the comments of my six year old son Dominic. We read him the first two in this series and he loved them so much he read the third one by himself.