on 12 November 2015
I have mixed feelings about this book. After discovering that I was pregnant this was one of the first books that I picked up and decided to read, as I thought it would break me in gently to some of the more medical / serious pregnancy books. I really enjoyed reading about Myleens journey, I enjoyed the easy writing style and her frankness about the up's and down's she experienced. I really felt that there were things that I could identify with, however there were other elements that I really couldn't. There were bit's in the book about Myleen being sent the entire M&S maternity range / shoes and choosing a pram when every company under the sun was sending her freebees which I was quite envious of. It's definately the right thing for her to write about these things, as to be fair they were part of her life but I think this is where the book fell down a bit for me. I think this is a nice easy read and it helped me to get my head around expecting my own lovely baby, but it's not really that educational in terms of pregnancy information.
on 1 February 2015
I was so disappointed with this book. I always thought Myleene came across as being really nice and normal but it appears from her book that I wrong. She comes across as precious and rather spoilt. So many complaints about how miserable everything was and how hard it was, yet she benefits from so many things that regular mums to be can only dream of, a fact she appears to be blissfully unaware of. Couldn't finish it, it was just too negative a read for me.
on 20 July 2015
I purchased this book because at the time I was struggling with severe pregnancy sickness and hoped I might pick up some tips from the author. Overall the book was average though the strong tones of narcissism and self-entitlement throughout were off putting
on 4 July 2013
I've never really paid much attention to Myleene Klass but thought I'd give this a go, however was really disappointed by it. I was actually put off by her character as it comes across in the book, not sure if she was exaggerating but really came across as demanding, stroppy and unreasonable which most of the time left me feeling sorry for her poor partner. Also put off by lots of celeb name dropping that added no value to the book. No useful insight that I could take away and relate to my own experiences of pregnancy.
on 3 May 2013
Funny, realistic and very down to earth. I was cynical about this book to begin with and thought she was just another celebrity with a bump jumping on the bandwagon and cashing in on her kids but the book is just lovely and I'd recommend it to all first time mothers.
on 6 May 2011
This is very well written and I love the format how it is broken down into weeks. I love how honestly it is written and the little facts about what it happening to baby each week. I still pick this back up and read the relevent week and upcoming ones and would recommend to anyone, it is so easy to read.
on 28 March 2014
This is the second time I've read Myleene's book and it really is brilliant. A funny, honest and eye opening account into her pregnancy. I love the mum & baby facts listed each 'week' and I'd recommend to anyone trying or expecting.
on 5 December 2013
my favourite pregnancy book because its just reading about pregnancy through her eyes with a little guidence but not telling you what you should and shouldnt do!
on 15 December 2014
Fab book for when your expecting love knowing a celebrity is just like any normal mum to be x
on 17 March 2013
Read this during my pregnancy and could relate to many of her emotions. Would recommend for first time mummies who have no idea what being pregnant is like!... Made me feel better after reading it.