Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2008
I took this book out with me to the Mexican island of Cozumel & kept it in my ruck sack the whole time, every time I saw a bird or creature I was able to find it in the book with it detailed pictures & good descriptions. I identified a wide range of wildlife that I stumbled across including a Boa Constrictor & other tree snakes, a Marine Toad, Vultures my partner even saw a Grey Fox.
on 11 February 2013
I always use my luggage allowance on reference books when travelling to foreign climes. We went to Tulum and did nummerous trips to many different areas. Reef, rain forest, cenotes, magrove, ruins, gardens in the hotel etc. I am somewhat of a serious birder, and did fours dives, I was sceptical that this book would suffice but it did and then some. I saw loads and all of it was easily identifiable in here. There is a newer version but i went 2012 and it was accurate then. Really good reference guide and excellent value.
on 7 June 2009
covers main species but with the wide variety there it is only an overview (but it does give also local/spanish names for species)
on 13 February 2013
Easy to use as a guide, we keep it as a reference to what is passing by the balcony of our place down in Mexico
on 11 November 2014