Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 May 2017
Fantastic book. Only wish I'd bought it before having baby. If you are pregnant and intend to breastfeed and are considering buying this DO IT. I made the mistake of spending my pregnancy reading about pregnancy. Then my baby was born and time to read was out the window and I just had to respond to needs as best I could with no guidance. We had a lot of difficulty establishing breastfeeding. At 4.5 months it's still not easy but this book helped me identify some problems and how to address: oversupply, silent reflux, positioning, tongue tie to name a few. Also if you're having trouble breastfeeding and considering quitting please please read this book first and/or attend a local LLL meeting. Please. And good luck.
on 29 March 2017
Highly highly recommend to any breastfeeding mothers, or those considering breastfeeding in future! This book was such a saviour for me. Brilliant advice broken down into baby age, from weeks to months to years, with useful table shooting guide.
on 5 February 2017
This book has helped me so much through my breastfeeding journey, I have recommended to many of my friends who have bought it and loved it too.
on 16 May 2017
Can't fix all the problems but gave me a confidence boost when I was doubting how success I could be with breastfeeding my son. 2 months in and happy with the support it gave me. Time for science to exit and art to enter the act of breastfeeding. This book gives you permission to go with your instincts.
on 29 May 2017
Great book for anyone new to BF. Although written for an american market, it reads well and is easy to follow. The book is split up well if your trying to find some specific. Overall I'm really pleased I bought this.
on 21 July 2014
A wonderful comprehensive book about Breastfeeding for mothers and professionals equally - writen and published by the oldest and most knowledgeable breastfeeding organisation worldwide La Leche League.
on 17 June 2017
Great book and it's not only about breastfeeding. I wish I've bought and read the book before having a baby.
on 30 March 2017
A wonderful and fascinating book. Definitely worth reading.
on 19 July 2010
I am so excited about this new edition of Womanly Art of Breastfeeding - it is a one-stop source of clear and encouraging information about becoming a mum and getting to grips with breastfeeding. It is written in such a gentle supportive way that it is easy to read and understand at a time when you might feel overwhelmed or bleary-eyed! It covers all you need to know (including things you didn't realise you needed!) about how to get to know your baby and enjoy breastfeeding - and helps you avoid and overcome any early problems as you and your baby get to know each other. I wish I had had this earlier with my children - it would have given me much more confidence about what I was doing and given me much needed support. It doesn't just cover breastfeeding, but sleeping, solids, working, weaning and loads more and has really practical realistic advice. You can dip in or read it from cover to cover and keep discovering gems of information. There is a really good section on tech support which covers a huge array of practical questions and concerns about your baby and breastfeeding. I love the 'tear-off sheets' in the back for when you just want a quick reminder, including a tick-list of how many poos your newborn has done! Forget baby clothes or toys - this is a perfect present for any pregnant or new (or old!) mum.. they can't have it too soon and will give them years of information and support.
on 22 May 2014
This is a great book. I only wish I would have bought it and read a few chapters before my daughter was born. I really struggled to establish breast feeding (getting the proper latch, over-coming sore and cracked nipples, building my confidence, etc.) and this book has some great information/reading to help with all of these issues, although to be honest, nothing that I couldn't have read online. As well, I found that it is glaringly obvious that the authors of the book are more in favor of natural, relaxed, non-structured, no crying it out, techniques for breast feeding. So, if you think this is not your style or won't be your style, I would not recommend you buy this book.
Having said all that, I love this book and I think it is beautifully written. It will be something that I hold onto for years to come.