Customer reviews

on 26 June 2014
Sabatini is hugely empathic to the reader and light on explanation so there are not dozens of pages of text to read before you get to the crux of the matter. It is a little like an ideas book as she includes useful pieces of awareness and guidance that are gently written and the postures are little basic drawings which work well for me as they communicate better than photographs of model yogis.

She spends time on 4 breathing techniques and 6 yoga postures plus the sun salutation. There is definitely something about less is more and so she gives permission to spend time observing the self in a very few postures.

Little drawn images are dotted throughout which give `ideas' without the intellect getting in the way.

A book to have in your collection.
on 5 November 2017
Beautifully written and illustrated book which helped me enormously with regard to my going back to basics after some injuries which have prevented me from following my usual exercises. It seems so easy to breathe - but this book awakens your awareness of the power of the breath. Can't speak highly enough and well worth the money. Book to read and revisit when needed.
on 3 January 2014
This is a beautiful book. I keep it out and look at it for inspiration almost every day, it goes well with my yoga practice and mindfulness.
on 31 October 2013
I have been going to yoga classes for years and avoided texts as I wanted to learn through practice.
This is one book I would recommend for its simplicity and beautiful illustrations -even of what a breath looks like.
on 12 October 2016
poetic descriptions
on 4 June 2016
Subtle yoga from a master.
on 5 September 2014
Absolute beautifully written. Literally a breath of fresh air. Thank you
on 15 November 2000
This book is an absolute gem. I have been practising yoga for many years, and have been delighted to find a book that can actually enhance my practice. It works on so may levels... You can read it as poetry, you can choose one or two pages to meditate on, it works as an inspiration to practice, and also as a clear and helpful instruction manual. The pictures are beautiful - the way it's been presented is appropriate, but it is the underlying spirit and simple yet profound insights that make this my desert island book!
on 21 March 2011
This book was recommended by my Yoga teacher.
Sarah Sabatini seems to have the nack of relaying
calm and the words and tecniques are a joy
on 23 October 2014
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse