Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 February 2009
I asked for this for christmas and love it. Its got things to make and do and plenty of traditional games and stuff that my mums says she used to do and had forgotten about(but she's not that old!) A lot of it is good cheap fun a great alternative to computer games. Not too sure about the excuses for being late to school though!( like helping little bow peep find her sheep, my teachers wouldnt believe that)however some bits are just for fun so don't take it so seriously but some bits are helpful too. Am i the best at everything yet? Of course im a girl!!!
on 10 October 2007
On receiving this book on my birthday I quickly started reading it and enjoyed it throughly. While some chapters of the book are fairly sensible , how to do the perfect manicure - and so on-, but some are rather odd, How to survive an alien invasion, but this gives the book all the character.
Delightful read for girls around the ages of 8-14.
on 14 February 2007
This book was bought for my local library and I wasn't sure if it was a joke or serious. It is full of fairly useful information but gives the impression of being slightly tongue-in-cheek. It is hilariously funny and I suppose you you could take it seriously, but much more enjoyable for a laugh!

Reminded me of the old Bunty magazines!
on 14 September 2009
My nine year old daughter loved this especially as she can dip in and out of its short pieces and has repeated various interesting facts back to me. A great gift idea.
on 30 October 2011
Bought this for my 13 yr old niece, she's really enjoyed it, says it's funny with great tips and would definitely recommend it to others.
on 22 February 2014
I have had this book for years, reading it over and over again. I bought this for a friend who also loves this Girls' Collection and she loves it! Thought it was nice as a Christmas present because it was a festive red colour.
on 23 December 2013
Bought this and how to be the best at everything 2 for my friends girls as part of their Christmas presents. I had a quick flick through both of them and they had lots of very useful advice in them for girls in many different sorts of situations. I really do wish I had one of these as a young girl. Lots of questions answered and lots of advice...fantastic. :)
on 22 April 2012
I bought this for my ten year old daughter and she was reading it solidly for the next 2 days (and she's not that fond of reading). It covers exactly the topics this age group want to know in a language they can relate to. "How to persuade your parents to get you a pet", "how to do a perfect cartwheel", "how to deal with bullying" etc Serious and fun topics all covered. The topics are each about a page long and simply laid out so you can jump around the book. Encourages reading too. Have bought another copy for a friend since. Well recommended.
on 17 March 2013
I bought this book for my 9 year old grandaughter as she loves trying new activities and is always looking for new ideas for things to do. She is really enjoying this book particularly the recipe for sugar mice!!
on 14 March 2011
I Bought this book for my daughter as something she can share with friends and something different from the usual electronic games which they spend hours just looking at a screen. she has learned how to do many things which schools and clubs consider dangerous and her friends love trying out the different things.