Format: Paperback|Change

good read
on 10 July 2015
fab
on 23 April 2015
Having read the blurb about his previous book I was expecting much more. The anecdotes about football and Mike Parry were the best parts, but somehow I do not want to read about his opinions about The NHS ,defence or any other hang up that Alan Brazil has. The rants or could they be called moans were interesting, but somehow not relevant unless you retitled the book 'What gets up Alan Brazil's nose and what his answer is'. Fortunately I got the book from the library so I did not have to fork out any money, if I had I would felt very badly that I had been short changed.Still reading about other peoples lives and opinions gives us greater perspective on life in general, and gives us a better idea on what makes the world tick.
on 12 May 2013
As an avid Talksport listener it was interesting to see into the mind of one of my all time Favourite broadcaster's
on 29 August 2011
Another very entertaining and amusing insight into MR Brazils life so far. From a quite difficult upbringing to the success he is today.
on 5 October 2010
The book consists mainly of rants by the Mr brazil a la Jeremy Clarkson without the wit.
Admittedly there are a couple of amusing yarns which, to be truthful, probably only appealed to me as I know some of the characters involved.
A disapointing purchase.
on 5 August 2008
This book reads like an editorial in the Daily Mail.Right wing rantings some which are bordering on racism..As usual his partner in crime Mike Parry is the author.The standard of writing is very poor.A two year old could have wrote it.C"mon Brazil put your glass down and write a book by yourself,not that idiot Parry and leave the politics to someone who knows what they are talking about
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2008
Their first book was passable but this is pass-byable. Little or no soccer content and politics is done so much better by other people.Seems like Alan Brazil feels he has the answers to society's problems and I should imagine that when he and Mike Parry get together in the wee small hours they persuade each other of their mutual genius. Poor stuff but it may well have an audience with white van man much as their radio programmes do.
Well, I really enjoyed "There's an awful lot of bubbly in Brazil" - it was a fun autobiography packed with stories and anecdotes, often involving drink and mayhem. A recommended read.
But this....
I hope I have established I like Brazil and loved the first book, which may be why I was so disappointed with this one. This is just a series of rants that might appeal to certain Daily Mail readers, but neither educate or entertain. Jeremy Clarkson does this stuff but with wit and irony, but this is not what Alan Brazil does well. Yes there are some anecdotes, but having him describe kicking people in the face in bus top fights in his youth do not hit the right note. Neither is he apologetic, preferring to focus on the "it made me the man I am today" line. This was neither comfortable nor entertaining and kind of sums up the book.

It was a struggle to get through this, I kept going in the hope that there might be a good story around the corner, but most of the time, there wasn't. A real shame.