on 11 June 2017
This is the 3rd sequel following her experiences as 'The White Masai' and her life in her home country/Switzerland during which time she wrote 'Back from Africa'. In this book, she returns to have a Reunion with her family in 2004, after 14years absence. I was surprised it took her so long for her to return & I do wonder if she might not have done if the film producer had not suggested it. It does beg the question - Would she have stayed away if no film was ever produced? She didn't take her daughter & I appreciate her reasons why. I understand she had to reconnect with them before even considering introducing her daughter. I admit it was long-winded at times but the book is definitely worth reading. Now I am left wondering if she ever took her daughter - what happened with the father-daughter reunion if it happened? Perhaps it never happened - maybe we will never know although I do hope she will enlighten us on that one. You have to read it if you have read the first two........
on 6 June 2017
Corinne hofmann's books are amazing. She is a very gifted writer turning her life experiences into real page turners. All of her books are most interesting. Highly recommend for those who want to be inspired to live life to the full!
on 2 October 2016
Am now reading her third book. You can see a significant improvement in her writing and/or translation, however, I keep on asking myself as i read it... What the heck are these people doing there? --- Obviously collecting some more material for a 3rd book... totally boring and no content. Big disappointment really. I think this lady is done as a writer.
on 19 January 2017
Corinne returns to Barsaloi with her publisher and photographer 14years after her first trip when she had married her Masai Warrior.
She does not take her teenage daughter as she fears her daughter maybe forced to stay with her African family in the bush and undergo female circumcision before an arranged marriage. Her husband had remarried and to Corinnes delight remained helpful and civil throughout their visit. A touching story.
on 17 July 2017
follow up to her first book. Would have been interesting to have the African perspective on the same story
on 3 November 2017
Excellent book which arrived by the time stated. Very pleased with seller and my purchase.
on 13 August 2014
If you want to know about how the other half live, this is a fascinating read, along with the first book in the story. Very vivid and stays with you after it is read.
on 19 July 2014
After reading her two books before this one I just had to read it to go on her adventure back to barsaloi and I was not disappointed, her stories are so that you feel you are there with her.
on 2 August 2014
This book is short, lacks the detail of the original and really isn't worth reading. Yes, Corrine finds Lketinga and he's ok, that's the only interesting detail to be said about it. Nowhere near as good as the White Masai
on 16 June 2013
Loved the way I felt emotionally involved every inch of the read. This, like the previous two books, would have the same effect whether you are twenty-two or a hundred and two. Makes you feel a little claustrophobic and indulgent as you read it on your kindle or IPad! I have learned so much, felt so much and now feel a little lost as to what I want to read next. My usual thriller/detective genre now seem somehow totally uninteresting.