on 16 December 2016
I was amazed just how much of myself I found in this book. There was such a lot of information and much of it did go over my head. The body is very complicated and while you can change your diet to suit one aspect, it can affect other sides. A lot of consideration needs to be taken on the best course of action for each individual. This book is an eye opener and makes me wonder what my doctors have been doing all these years. The wording was mostly in layman's terms, so I do hope to understand it better on subsequent readings. Yes I do agree with some of the other reviews, that the author is a little hard on the system, but I feel this is justifiable. You can read it and take what you please....
on 19 October 2015
Well as many others state this book and the man himself are life savers! I had researched my symptoms and self diagnosed after a miserable few years of feeling very unwell. My gp said I had fibromyalgia then eventually I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue. I started to self treat and my symptoms cleared up my cfs specialist told me stop my supplements and I eventually got ill again I started my protocol again and she insisted my response to the supplements was psychosomatic and I should seriously stop taking them. I did stop and got really ill again. I decided to go to an integrative gp who confirmed my self diagnosis and gave me Dr Peatfield's details. I went to see him and again my adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism were confirmed. He said it sounds as if I was mildly hypothyroid my entire life but things became much worse after a difficult pregnancy and labour. I have been to-ing and fro-ing to gps for nearly two decades being told I'm depressed and giving me pills I don't want. I've been symptomatic since having my son yet every test came back normal!? It's such a relief to be treated as a competent human by Dr Peatfield. I luckily had already gone grain free and dairy free so didn't need to tweak my diet protocol. I am taking 4 adrenal extra and have worked my way up to 3 thyroid it's early days yet but there has been an improvement as in I no longer feel as if I am dying! If you suspect You have adrenal fatigue and or hypothyroidism please read this book and go and see Dr Peatfield he's really great and I'm very sorry that all drs aren't like him. I've been chopped up and plied with lists of drugs all because my results appeared normal. I've lost the best part of my youth plagued with illness, pain, allergies, insomnia, fatigue all because GPS and specialists refuse to believe we know our own bodies are going wrong and that all there pills won't be of any help. I stopped all pharmaceuticals some years ago and changed my diet and used vitamins and supplements I'm not sure what would have happened if I'd not made those changes but ultimately what I really needed was supplemental thyroid and adrenal glandular.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2014
This book literally gave me my life back!! The "one size fits all" TSH dependent testing and T4 only treatment of hypothyroidism by most doctors means that the rest of us get fobbed off and accused of imagining symptoms. Reading this book I learned what I needed to know about the thyroid and was able to see that even though I didn't fit the expected profile, I was still hypothyroid and needed treatment. I've seen Dr Peatfield a couple of times now but keep this book as my main guide/treatment manual. It also helps me explain the disorder better to family and friends. Would heartily recommend this book.
on 4 January 2017
Just what I needed someone who tells it as it is...!
on 17 December 2016
Excellent book by an acknowledged expert in the field.
on 7 January 2017
Excellent service and book.
on 30 March 2014
Well written. Common sense. Puts the GPs and a lot of other medical practitioners to shame which obviously Big Pharma is controlling.
on 3 July 2017
Brilliant book by one who knows so much on this complex subject . But to be well informed.
on 19 May 2016
excellent service great book
on 3 August 2017
Excellent quality and fast delivery.