on 20 May 2013
This book has brought me great excitement there are so many new techniques to be explored, e.g. the rose is structurally developed differently than traditional methods. I like the idea of a cake for every month also. Would be best suited to someone with some experience.
on 11 February 2014
What a talent this lady has.

Some of the designs I think I could manage, but by no means all of them.

My thoughts are that this book is probably a delight to have as a reference book on the shelf, so that ones own ideas could be combined with her know-how.

I think it is fair to say that this is a beautiful book that is worth owning and browsing, even if none of the cakes are ever made.
on 5 June 2013
This is a refreshing and beautiful book- I have long wanted to be able make more blousy fresh looking flowers rather than the somewhat more rigid that most books demonstrate- these are truly romantic and look so real- well laid out instructions- I haven't stopped!!!
on 5 April 2013
If I can even replicate 1 thing form this book I will have achieved a masterpiece , every part of this book is amazing and totally beautiful.
on 4 August 2013
Amazing book, lots of information incl. recipes, step by step instructions. This book is more for experienced cake maker.
Amazing sugar flower instructions, with 19 flowers described (3 types of roses). Also butter cream flowers and decorations described.
I could't stop reading! I would highly recommend this book to any cake lover and maker.
on 15 May 2013
Beautiful book, some really beautiful projects to follow, gives some really useful information, including recipes. Very clever lady. Also gives you some great ideas
on 30 October 2014
Well bound in beautiful colours and I'm sure Naomi Yamamoto is a very talented cake decorator but I personally don't think the designs in the book justifies the cost.

I have a library bursting with cake books and I am fairly competent with cake designs. Always on the lookout for new books to add to my extensive collection for new ideas/inspiration regardless of cost. Quite often the photos are all I need to get going. As I haven't been to cake fairs in the last 3yrs I was specifically looking for a recently published book with new concepts in cake design. And thought this would tick the box since it was published in 2013 and the title suggests that.

Even though as I said the book in itself is nicely put together having gone through it several times now just to be sure the only thing of interest to me is the Persian buttercup arrangement displayed on the front page. And didn't even like that overall cake design on the front cover once I saw it properly in the book.

Lots of plugs for Squires Kitchen and it's products got tiresome and made the book read like a Squires advert campaign. Picture and paper quality are very good but nothing of the actual content sets it apart from much cheaper books on the subject. Other designs are similar to others extensively done several times over in other books.

Again I am sure the author is very talented, I'll definitely keep an eye out for any other books she authors in future in the hope that I'll see something truly spectacular from her.
on 25 May 2013
Love this book. She is a wonderful talented lady. Her work is exceptional. Looking forward to the next book by this lady.
on 12 November 2013
The cakes in this book are just beautiful but I don't feel it suits people that aren't semi-profesisonals. I have taken a few classes in cake decoration and feel that many of these cakes are beyond my abilities. There is some instruction but it is very brief and I think there should be more in-depth explanations and/or step by step instructions.
on 4 August 2013
this is a really beautiful book full of stunning photographs and very clear instructions for each project I cant wait to get started.