on 2 March 2009
I purchased this book for my wife who was about to start an evening class Sugarcraft course at our local college. It was just the thing she needed to give a little headstart with this new subject/skill. Lots of tips covering topics not covered so far on the course which has given her far more confidence with the work she has carried out so far. You can use this book without having to attend a college course to make some lovely flowers, but as a companion to the course, it's proven its worth.
on 23 January 2009
This is an excellent book for beginners with clear, concise instruction beautifully laid out and with fabulous illustrations. It is not overly long or complicated but gives the reader everything they need to confidently have a go, even if you have never done it before. There is a good introduction with information about equipment and ingredients and frequent 'tips' that really help. Strongly recommended!
on 18 March 2009
Paddi Clark sits head and shoulders above every sugar flower teacher, except, perhaps, at her own admission, Alan Dunn. She is a natural teacher (i've had the pleasure of being taught in person by her) and her book instructs in a manner that is typically Paddi, clear, practical, achievable and realistic resulting in great flowers. I love the step by step guides, clear instructions and final photos. I can't think of anything I don't love about this book, except.........there isn't a sequel.
on 19 March 2011
When I looked at the pictures in this book I thought there was no way I'd be able to produce anything as beautiful. I'd only made the most basic sugar roses for cupcake decoration but fancied a challenge.

It took me a couple of weeks to pluck up courage to begin. I don't know why I was so concerned, the step-by step instructions are clear and the information at the beginning is invaluable. I produced a lovely dog rose in the space of a morning, most of that time was waiting for the flower to 'set' before colouring with dust.

Please don't be put off by the beauty of the the photos, with very little effort and patience they can be reproduced. It is a book for beginners as well as those who'd like a project for a special occasion.
on 26 June 2010
A wide range of the 'begininer' to advanced flowers that you will need for any cake - with step by step and eays to follow instructions for you to recreate. I must say I prefer this to some of the A. Dunn books due to the simplicity.
on 27 September 2009
This is an excellent book for the first time flower maker, and for those who would like to be a little more addventurous. Paddi Clark has a good clear way of putting things over, with just the correct amount of detail. Nice clear, colour photo, step by step illustrations. First class quality at such a low price.
on 29 September 2009
Paddi is brilliant at teaching. I went on a course with her and bought the book afterwards so that I could tackle more flowers than we had time to do on the course. I can almost hear Paddi as I read, clear, simple and thorough. It's almost as good as having her there in person
VINE VOICEon 31 December 2009
I am pleased with this book, the pictures are great and the instructions very easy to follow. Having seen Paddi Clark demonstrate her craft in person the book is everything I expected and will be used often.
on 15 December 2012
This book is very good, but not for the beginner, it doesn't give enough detailed info for someone new to the craft. I'm sure if you have been having some lessons & are reasonably proficient it is a very good book, but it will be sometime before I'm up to this standard.
on 11 December 2014
I was extremely pleased with the items I bought. I was extremely pleased with the items I bought. I was extremely pleased with the items I bought.
I was extremely pleased with the items I bought.