on 26 November 2012
Superb!... I ordered it for my grandson's 7th birthday and it proved amazingly suitable. It had masses of short articles, each accompanied by fascinating pictures: the tallest man who ever lived; the biggest shark ever caught; sports feats; daring exploits; natural history and geographical and sociological wonders of all types. Just right for the obsessive interests of small boys and many girls too, like enough. I am confident this book will be dipped into daily with delight and parents will have to be content to be given mini lecturettes about the world and its wonders. It is a great encouragement for early readers to improve their skills as a side issue.
on 16 September 2012
Just received my copy and am amazed at the content. Much better than I remember it in the past when my boys were very young. Now buying it for my grandchildren - special request!
Would definitely recommend as this book will always fire the imagination of the young and old alike. Just about to order another copy.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 September 2012
This perennial favourite best-seller is again chock-a-block full of deeds and achievements that ask questions: how and why? Some of the challenges facing the contributors border on madness. If it's a record, it is there to be broken. The longest, tallest, oldest, shortest will always be with us. The 'amazing feats' continue to bewilder.

The book is another of the pick-up-thumb through and provides a multitude of confirmed factual conquests. Why the challenges are undertaken is either because it's there to be taken on or the prestige of being in this book or sheer determination. Andy Warhol, the artist, said everyone is entitled to 15 minutes of fame. Here you can get a whole year, plus. The illustrations are plentiful and colourful. They add to the old formulaic listings I remember as a child.

New book, new records with bonus chapters and 3D options. Another stocking filler until the next year arrives with a new profile. Very entertaining. Great family fun (along with the Dandy and Beano annuals). Compulsive purchase, now, or for the festive season. Unfortunately The Giles cartoon book is no longer (personal loss). This is a book full of wondrous, sometimes bizzare achievements. I suppose that its marketing value is the curiosity and wondrous 'How did they do that and why?'. No doubt a best seller come Christmas and before.
It's quite surprising how some books just stand the test of time, and this is one of the few. My little girl loves it.

Full of interesting (and often useless) facts. But....the pursuit of knowledge is no "Trivial Pursuit" as they say on the game.

Highly Recommended
on 6 December 2012
I've bought this book every year for one of the young boys in our family. I'll be buying it agian this year, but not from Amazon! Come on Amazon, do the decent thing and pay your UK tax.
on 14 September 2012
Buy this product as a Christmas present every year and the recipient always loves this. Hopefully this year will be as good as it has been in the last few years. A must buy present either for someone or yourself!!
on 8 January 2013
I bought this for Christmas for my 6 year old godson, thinking he was probably much too young for it but would like the pictures, but he absolutely loved it, carried it around, read what he could, pored over it for hours. My daughter used to love getting them when she was little, and it really is a surefire gift. Has the added (huge) benefit of getting kids interested in reading and books.
on 26 July 2013
I bought this for my 8 years old nephew's birthday - he was desperate for this book. And, already, he can't put it down and loves quoting facts and figures. Nice to see that the general content of this much loved series of books hasn't changed much over the years. Excellent seller too - the book arrived quickly and very well packaged.
on 18 January 2013
After buying this for a nephew we decided we would like to have a copy and found this on Amazon and a wee bit cheaper than we had already paid for nephews copy. Haven't read it all, but we do find it most interesting to just browse through and are so pleased we got it, quick delivery and obviously a good price, cheapest we had seen whilst browsing.
on 13 March 2013
I've always been fascinated by this book ever since I was a kid, and today on the 2013 edition it still holds my interest - especially with the Augmented Reality app that you can use with it, which is very good (if limited, there aren't many AR pages in the book).