on 18 September 2017
perfect item
on 15 November 2009
I used to be a huge fan of these books, but this is a sad, diluted and dumbed-down version of a classic format. I know that sounds like an adult perspective, but even the kids in this house have expressed surprise - followed by simple indifference and boredom - towards this big mess of garish pictures and pointless facts that aren't related to... anything.

Where are the lists of records and human achievements? Why is there so much focus on American sports? Why are the pages such a sorry mess, making it difficult to extract even the most basic knowledge? It's as if the publishers were embarrassed to include anything so mundane as 'world records' in their books, so they had to hide it behind distracting - and simply ugly - razzamatazz that wouldn't impress even the most easy-to-please 5 yr old.

A sorry mess and a massive disappointment,
on 10 March 2010
I bought this for my daughter who is 9. She has been asking for it since Christmas as all her friends at school have got it. She has been totally engrossed in it since it arrived and loves taking it to school with her. My daughter is an avid reader but I would say that this would be a great buy for any child who isn't keen to read as the pictures will encourage them to read about the records and it's a book they can share with their friends.
on 4 January 2010
A book which you can flick through with relative ease. It is perversely interesting to look at men with 98% of their body covered in tattoos or women with half metre toe nails, but beyond a 10-15 minute flick through, you may find yourself thinking the same as me: the publishers need to have a fresh outlook because it is all rather (dare I say it?) 'samey', after years and years of very similar looking record books. I would recommend it if you have not seen one before but if you already have last year's...don't bother!
on 3 January 2010
As always both the book and Amazon delivered the goods. We have not managed to get the 7 year old's head out of the book, one of his 'bestest ever' presents.Guinness World Records 2010
on 4 February 2010
I can only echo what Chris Watson has said in earlier review. This is a real let down, full of inconsequential fluff, clearly dumbed down for some imaginary audience of half-wits. It was bought for my eldest son, aged 8, and he was thoroughly disappointed in it- he's a football fanatic, and the records he wanted to see just weren't in there. Very, very poor; I'll have to dig out my old ones from the late 70's and show him how good it used to be.
on 29 January 2010
I purchased this book as a Christmas present for my seven year old nephew (advanced for his age). The feed back from his parents has been excellant. He's so surprised by the things that people have done to make records. Apparently he's been walking around with it under his arm, and using it as reference to suggestions he's made for things he would like to do - his parents are not worried yet...
on 16 November 2009
I realize that all the facts we want are nowadays on the internet. Having said that though, there is something to be said for having a physical book occasionally. This book has kept my kids endlessly entertained and it's been a nice way for us to have family conversations too. The book provides us with a talking point and seems to spur the imagination of my son in particular, so I'm grateful for this book and how it has given us more to chat about and enjoy together.
on 23 April 2010
i liked it and my kids liked it

we have been buying the guinness book of records series for about the last ten years and every year it gets better, my local book shop had ran out so i deciede to take a chance and buy a copy from amazon,book was in good condtion and i bought the book for a good price,well impress
on 12 February 2010
A timeless favourite bought for my 10-year-old daughter, and she has lapped up all the weird and wonderful information contained inside, and then proceeded to amaze her friends with her discoveries. Probably not worth buying year on year, but definitely one to spark curiosity and interest.