Customer reviews

on 29 August 2013
I bought Sgt.J.N.Farrow's book from Amazon, because my own father was a prisoner of the Japanese in Changi Camp and I wanted to find out more about what life was like in Changi. My own father left a diary, too, but there were some areas of life there that he did not refer to.
Well, Jack's book is amazing,moving, touching, wonderful, horrifying... what can I say? No long list of adjectives can do it justice! I could hardly put it down once I had started to read it and this man, Jack Farrow, what a fine man he was! It even became most likely, as I read on, that he and my own Dad must have met each other while in Changi.
I recommend this book SO much,not just to those like me who have a personal interest in this period of history, but for everyone who is interested in our British working class heroes like Jack and my Dad, - and for those who mistakenly think that war can ever be justified or a good idea. No, it can't be, and thank God that some of these men made it home. We must never forget those who didn't. I hope to buy more copies of this book for members of my family.
on 6 March 2017
Brilliant book! Highly recomend! And quick delivery as well would buy from again !!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 July 2013
Brought this book as j n farrow was my husbands uncle a very lovely man.He never spoke about his ordeal his diaries were never found until after his death,then published by his son .A very interesting insight in to a harrowing times of British f.e.p.o.