on 3 August 2014
a great map and the best ive seen for the area
on 29 June 2010
Not a lot of choice of maps for this area and on the whole I liked this map and found it easy to use. I also got the gps CD and put the tracks on my etrex - this made route following a lot easier. However we did miss one turn on a route and after getting to the top had to back track rather than do a circular route, still a great walk though. On the way back we found where the turning was but could see anything looking like a path but it looked just about walkable. I wouldn't get the map without the book with the route descriptions as paths in this area can be hard to find and not always sign posted.
on 21 June 2009
It was a useful map and not at the same time. OK, I didn't load up the way points and use my GPS but equally I wasn't doing an actual walk from the selection. Scale was a bit vague and difficult to assess if you are used to Ordnance Survey 1:25K or 1:50K. It was useful, but could have been much better in my opinion. I suspect that you are really encouraged to use it along with their book but not sure. It was a very nice area to walk though, would go again.
on 9 November 2009
I purchased the map as companion to Discovery Walking Guide - Walk the Alpujarras. Each walk in the Guide is illustrated by a map. The scale and level of detail is the same as the Tour and Trail Map. Its only use was to facilitate mixing up walks. Otherwise it stayed in my sack.