Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 August 2017
Brilliant book by Kate magic I have all of her books very inspirational lovely photos and fabulous recipes
on 7 November 2008
Quite a good book, lots of handy info, well written. Good for someone who is raising a young family and wants to try introducing more raw foods to children. The author is realistic about the problems of going over to a wholly raw diet in Britain, and does her best to experiment with foods that are commonly available in Britain. However, there are some ingredients that are just not available everywhere, so your options will be limited.
on 9 October 2011
This was my second raw food recipe book and I love it. I am not a raw foodist as have a family with young children and don't have enough money to buy and grind all my raw foodie stuff but do try and do a raw detox each summer. The recipes are fairly easy and it doesn't matter all that much if you do not have a dehydrator as alot don't call for one.
THe recipes are tasty and imaginitave.
This book would be suited for new raw foodies for the amazing ideas. Amust for your collection, you WILL keep coming back to it!
on 2 May 2012
Having enjoyed raw foods on and off for at least 15 years, I decided to treat myself to this book, having read good reviews on it already. Its great. In a nutshell, the recipes hit the spot, are easy to make. Yes, some of them need a dehydrator, but not all. I have tried out quite a few recipes already and they are delicious. I love Kates no nonsence take on raw food, she knows what she is on about.
on 15 January 2013
I am not on a raw diet myself but found this book amazingly inspiring to introduce more deliciously 'uncooked' dishes into my every day food. It is surprisingly diverse and contains full spectrum of recipes from salads to mains and mind-afternoon snacks to dips and puddings (including cakes:). It has really convince me to invest into a food dehydrator - needed for the recipes that would normally require baking or frying. Great introduction too, easy to follow and straight forward. Well done Kate and thank you for showing me how to eat nutritious plant based food the delicious way.
on 6 December 2007
Lots of fantastic inspiring recipes, though quite a few do require a dehydrator. Kate's recipes work, I have really enjoyed the ones I have tried.
on 5 May 2012
I like this book. The first part has pages of information which is really useful for anyone getting into raw food. The book has many recipes, in honesty I did not find these as helpful as one of the other raw books I recently reviewed for instant recipes that I could cook & eat but there are some good recipes nonetheless and this book has a lot of good recipes for snacks and extras such as ketchups, dips etc. I'd say this is perfect for someone who is still reasonably new to raw but would also be fine for someone completely new as you can always get a second book to compliment it or in combination with the wealth of internet info available but all round a good book.
on 1 March 2010
Great forward/intro on this book simply explaining the benefits of raw living as written by someone who actually lives the lifestyle which lends credibility to the information and recipe suggestions.
on 5 May 2013
Great book! Arrived on the very first expected date for delivery. Just what I wanted - lots of tasty recipes and good, practical advice for going raw. Love it! Would highly recommend.
on 7 July 2016
Lovely book with loads of useful recipes.