on 20 January 2008
I am (was) terrible at Public Speaking especially at work. But it has all changed now since actually applying PSFQW. One thing Bob says in the book changed my colleague's reaction so much that I have decided to adapt all my future presentations to his advice. He says 'STOP using your slides as your notes'. So I did. I wrote note cards (like he advises) and stopped looking back at my slides. GREAT!!! couldn't be better. I will let you know if the rest of the content is as effective. I also got some applause like the last bloke!!
on 1 February 2009
This is one of the best books I have ever read because it genuinely helped me. i had a huge fear of presenting and a new job which involved lots of presenting. I can't say i love presenting because I don't enjoy it - but after reading the book and putting some of the ideas into practice I went from someone who has on several occasions found it hard to even speak to an audience to someone who can write a presentation that gets their point across and more importantly I feel relatively normal and confident while doing it which has been an enormous breakthrough. If you hate public speaking and find it a complete misery - I really believe that this book could help you and if you just want a bit of help with presentations it's very good at explaining the mechanics of a good presentation.
on 11 March 2008
This book was a discovery of the year for me. It is short, clear and I know it will work. Most of all I liked the advice to see the audience as cabages. It helps allot. I am a Scientist myself even so I can easily adopt the rules to the audience I talk to.
on 27 February 2011
I bought this book to help me prepare for a presentation I have to give. I was pleasantly surprised to find that its a thin book, but at the same time absolutely packed with useful advice, hints and tips.

I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who wants to improve their presentation skills but doesn't want to read a weighty tome to do so. There are loads of tips that I'm going to put into practice straight away and the book has really boosted my confidence so much, which I didn't expect
on 9 July 2009
I have suffered from incredible stage fright for as long as I can remember. When I was asked by a friend of mine to be a best man I thought it was about time that I got to grips with the issue and learnt how to stand up and talk. Whilst looking around for help I came across this book and i was delighted to find that it contained the sort of straight forward practical advice that I'd been looking for.

I followed this advice and the speech went well. Afterwards a few people came up and said that they thought it was a good speech. I was delighted.

I've since also had to present to my entire department (70+ people) as part of a competition. I was nominated by my boss and again followed the advice from the book and managed to win the prize for the best presentation of the day. If six months ago you had told me that I could do that, I would have said that you were barking mad!

Overall this is an excellent book that contains simple clear cut advice on how to present without any of the usual wooliness or talking around the subject.
on 11 November 2006
Anyone who has struggled through making a presentation will find this book a life-saver! It's great on the practicals. But best of all, it gives you confidence to face your audience and produce a fantastic presentation - that won't send them to sleep!
on 13 June 2008
The very nature of my job means i have to give many presentations, sometimes standing up, though i usually opt for sitting down to be more comfortable. All of my presentations have been boring, corporate rubbish that no-one ever remembers.

Never again.

This book has literally changed my presenting style overnight and for the better. More confidence, respect, understanding and control are some of the things you can expect if you follow the words in this book. A must have for anyone who quite literally is a quivering wreck when it comes to presenting, to any given audience!
on 28 September 2010
Good little book to a) make you start thinking about doing a presentation and b)help with constructing it. And finally in summary I would like to say this: buy this book if, like me, you dread and have spent your life avoiding presentations. It helped me - I've done one now - and will re-read before the next (which I am almost looking forward to).
on 6 November 2006
I saw this guy speak in the City years ago when he was at Reuters and decided to buy the book.It is very good and very accurate. He is quite right when he says most audiences and business speakers share a similar objective "To get out of the room!" But there is something we can all do about it.

So, I had to give a an internal speech in London last week and followed his model to the letter (as far as possible). I even followed his instructions and organised myself a 'clap-trap' at the end. For only the second time in my company's history -I'm told- the audience of 62 people applauded. It felt great. Well done and thank you Mr E.
on 21 February 2008
Not only is it a great book that gives you all the advice you really wanted to know about becoming a good presenter... It's very readable as well! I'd recommend it to anyone having to deliver a business presentation.