on 3 April 2013
This book is great if like me you find yourself pregnant with no experience at looking after a newborn baby. I read it pre- birth over and over again. I even practiced some things on a soft toy (picking up, dressing etc).

Once the baby (or babies) were here I have not really used it at all. I had a quick look at the milestones section recently. It also had a good section on how to cope if your baby ends up in special care which I did not expect to need but that proved useful.

In summary I have only given it 3 stars because although it put my mind at ease when pregnant I can not really see myself referring to it much in the future. Any questions I have had I have looked up on the internet.
on 9 March 2017
This book is outright crazy. I stopped reading when they said that circumcision is good for your baby boy.... seriously?
on 27 August 2016
I was really happy with "my pregnancy bible" as it gave a good overview of what to expect during the pregnancy and bought this book as I expected to have the same experience. Wrong! ! First pages will tell you that underwater birth is dangerous because baby will breath in the water. What a pile of stereotypes based on zero evidence! Few pages down the line the book promoting circumcision for boys. Really?! I'm scared to think what is to follow.
on 28 October 2014
This is a comprehensive book on the topic but it definitely needs more editing. It is littered with typos and some sentences are even left interrupted!
on 28 June 2010
I got this book when my new baby arrived. It has some good information and some really useful sections with pictures guiding you through the basics, such as changing a nappy, or bathing your baby.

It also contains information for later on for weaning, establishing a sleep routine etc.
on 23 April 2015
Ok for day to day parenting but not for any problems. Very briefly touches on most but no real details. My baby had bad reflux which is briefly mentioned but no help. Often find myself turning to google still
on 13 December 2014
The book that every new mum most read
on 1 August 2014
A fantastic book to have to refer to.
on 4 June 2016
Really like it, havent put it into practise yet but have read some of it. Good layout to the book, easy to read with good pictures and useful information
on 29 June 2013
Although I haven't yet put it into use I have had a look and this is a good read when I am 8 months I shall be taking it and reading.