on 21 September 2015
so this book is more me!
I have 'the macrobiotic path to total health' too,but as a beginner this is so much more accessible for me
it has some really good detailed pictures and some really good recipes that go with it
this book is a good start and introduction to macrobiotics and seems to really be for the modern-day with up to date recipes that seem really easy to put together,this book has changed my mind about this way of eating and is making me consider changing from Atkins to this,the potato and carrot soup looks awesome!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 January 2017
Great info about nutrients, reactions of the body... in a very scientific way rather than the usual superstitious tone of macrobiotic books and lessons.

Very interesting facts I didn't know, either. Good edition, good quality, printing and size.
on 14 December 2017
Good condition...I never got to read it though... I live on a narrowboat which sadly sank and this book went down with it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 January 2014
I'm returning to a modified form of macrobiotics after many years, and have kept this book on hand for guests. So impressed are they that I've ordered a copy for a friend, and another copy for a relative via Amazon.com . @Standard' nutritional content as well as 'energetic' explanations made this book a winner for all of us.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 September 2013
This book is full of lovely colour illustrations to along with all the delicious recipes, many of which are Japanese.It explains all about the macrobiotc diet and way of living. Because its so well designed and printed its one of those books that you keep going back to.
on 18 July 2011
Although all the info looks good, this is definitely more of a guide to macrobiotics than a recipe book. Out of 160 pages, only pp 122-156 are actually recipes with about 4 recipes per double page spread. These do look good, but personally I like more pictures in my recipe book - there's only about 1 picture per four recipes. Not what I was personally looking for, but this is - of course - just my opinion.
on 31 July 2016
Interesting diet book
on 18 January 2013
This is a very interesting and thought provoking book! It came highly recommended and I can see why.
I too recommend it as a useful good read.
on 1 May 2017
Good
on 28 January 2010
Very good choice for those, like me, who had no idea of what 'macrobiotics' is. The author is not too pushy, suggesting that the diet can be adopted for one day a week or one week in a month.