Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

All Yours
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 12 November 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was looking forward to reading this book but must confess that I did not enjoy this book as much as I thought I would.

From the outset of the book I found that I had no real connection to the main character "Ines" and I found it difficult to undertsand her motives or actions during the course of the story (which i will not summarise here as its pretty much all in the blurb). As a result I found reading the book more of a chore than a pleasureable expeience. I also found the story's subplot with the mother-daughter relationship to be far more interesting than the main plot and I eneded up feeling that this should have been the main focus of the story rather than the actual one presented.

However, that being said, the langauge used and style of writing has been very well translated from the original Spannish and the pace of the novel is very good, the book neither felt too long nor too short.

All in all an interesting read that does nothing to offend nor, sadly, does nothing to inspire.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A short book by an Argentinian author that involves a loving wife who discovers her husband's infidelity. When she follows him and witnesses him arguing with another woman, who ends up dead, she decides to form an alibi for him. However, she soon learns that he has embarked on more than one extra-marital aside; that he is devious; that he is dangerous. Eventually she has had enough and the final outcome is another death.

Loosely interwoven with the main story is that of their teenage daughter who loves dad, but not so, mum. She also uncovers her father's other life; is pregnant; feels alone. The problem I have is that this sub-plot really goes nowhere, at least relative to the main story.

In places the text seems very loose and lacking in depth. I fear this is due to the process of translating from the author's first language. All Yours has the potential to be a gripping tale, but does not quite make it in my opinion.
on 16 October 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really enjoyed this book. When I first saw it I was a bit surprised at how thin it was but it didn't detract from the quality of it. I quite like the author's quirky style of writing and I found Ines quite a character. For me this was a book that once I picked it up it was hard to put down and I always looked forward to the next chance I would have time to pick it up again. I thought it was all very cleverly put together and I would certainly buy and read other books by this author. Made a nice refreshing change to the type of books I usually read and I daresay I'll be back to read more of her books in the future.
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Hmm. I'm not sure about this. The story is standard crime / thriller material, with lead character Ines discovering her husbands dirty dealings. She gots drawn into covering up his crime, only to discover he's even more of a dastard than she's thought. It then turns into a revenge story.

Thing is, it's a bit stilted (which may be translation issues, as this is by an Argentinian author), and the ending seems really rushed. Add in a subplot with their pregnant teenage daughter which goes absolutely nowhere, and I was left with a good short story, padded out beyond purpose.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For the most part this story could appear trite; Ines is married to an unpleasant man called Ernesto and this book describes the marriage, and Ernesto's probable infidelity through Ines' daily trivial thoughts. Ernesto murders his mistress and Ines is going to cover it up for him.....standard killer thriller stuff? Maybe. I thought that this was a rather poor murder/thriller, by the end of the book I had to reconsider; this is a good book. I would read another from Ms Piniero, she has a much better mind than would initially appear. A rather clever black comedy.
on 9 March 2015
Revenge is a dish best served cold. Be good to your woman or else!
on 31 May 2016
Really good book - but the ending let it down
on 13 November 2014
very good many thanks
VINE VOICEon 22 September 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
On the plus side, this is a very short story strung out to fill just over 170 pages, and is a book reminiscent in many ways of an old classic murder mystery/thriller.
When Ines discovers her husbands mucky secrets she is drawn to help him cover them up, only to be confronted with revelations that he is capable of much more, and embarks on her course of revenge.
An easy, if not gripping read that will entertain, but will leave no desire to find out anymore.