Format: Map|Change

on 27 February 2008
The Guy Fox Children's map was wonderful for my god-daughter during her visit to London. We both used it initially to choose where we wanted to visit and then to navigate between 'things to do' . We walked around parts of the city and with the map were able to discover fun things I didn't even know were there. The drawings are great and it is informative as well. I will definitely use the San Francisco map as I am off to visit there soon.
on 1 April 2010
Although my two children have always lived in London they both love this map. The illustrations are excellent and being so child-friendly it really encourages them both to plan where we go and what we can see along the way. Ours is a well-worn copy and a must for all residents and visitors alike.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 May 2016
I thoroughly recommend this for anybody who is visiting London with children. It designed and presented in a child friendly way with easy to read graphics and clever use of pictures. The main map shows all the main roads and surface features such as the river and the parks. The street names are all in big whacky letters and could easily be read by any child who has mastered basic reading skills.
The main features are shown by simple pictures. For example London Bridge is shown as a recognisable drawing of the bridge itself. This makes it much easier for a child to associate where he or she is on the map by recognising the surface features around him or her.
The map is split into two zones; east and west. This is to keep the scale nice and big for children to read easily. Each zone is presented on a different side of the paper. The western map covers Battersea Par to Somerset House while the eastern map covers Somerset House to the Greenland Dock. This, of course, is not the whole of London but I guess it covers 90% of the main likely areas of interest for visitors and tourists.
Below and/or beside each map is a listing of useful child-oriented attractions such as city farms, museum of childhood etc. Each one is presented with symbols representing whether or not it is free for children, good views of London, features animals etc. Below the western map is a delightful graphic showing the different uniforms of the five Foot Guards Regiments and there is an unofficial timetable for the changing of the guard at the Tower.
The map comes with some stickers as well! These cover likely highlights of a child’s day such as “stayed in a hotel” and “saw dinosaurs”. This is a really clever touch and is sure to appeal to mist children.
The map is produced by ‘Guy Fox’ and there is a card introducing him and showing a link to his web site. There is also a GUY Fox postcard to send to a friend or relative!
Overall this is a very cleverly designed map specifically aimed at children. I paid less than £2 for it on Amazon and consider it a great bargain at that price. It adds a lot to a child’s visit to London.
on 16 April 2010
Really good map for the children. Used it for our 6 day visit to London. Our kids loved the fact that they could mark which museums they had visited, where they lived, which playgrounds they played on. Amazing map for the kids.
on 12 April 2009
Excellent resource for topic on London for 6/7 year olds. Looking forward to receiving the pack. They loved using it. Needed more!
on 9 April 2010
This is an absolute gem.

Take one look at the London Underground map and you'll think the city is endlessly sprawling and utterly confusing. The Guy Fox map shows how close together everything is and how easy it is to get around. It's lovingly created and full of interesting details - whilst still being completely accurate in layout and distances.

A great fun map for a great fun city :-)
on 6 July 2012
We purchased this two years ago for my then 5 year old as we were having a weeks stay in the capital.. It is an excellent map which was, and still is, used by my son as well as my wife and I at the time. Very interactive with stickers that you put on various locations that say things such as took a photo, stayed in a hotel, saw a dinosaur. Well worth the few pound we paid for it. Wish they had them for other cities as well.
on 26 November 2015
It's a really good map and easy to read. My kids love it. My one gripe is it's paper and has to be unfolded which was a challenge with two kids (6&8) both wanting to hold it on a packed train. A laminated version would be more child friendly and might last longer.
on 21 January 2009
This london map is great. I bought it for my son for a christmas present and he was very pleased. The illustrations are great.
on 2 September 2014
Bought this for my 9 use old son as we are off to London soon. He loves the map as it makes him feel v grown up, but it is simple enough to read clearly and help him plan routes when we get there. Hopefully a useful purchase