on 18 July 2011
If you are a fan of Belle and Sebastian, I can almost guarantee that you will adore this book. Not necessarily because I think it provides important insight into the life of the band, although this is true to a certain extent. It is rather because if you have fallen in love with the band, you are undoubtedly in awe of Stuart Murdoch's creative streak and his talent for modern poetry and finding beauty in the mundane.
This collection of writings (which I only subsequently found out had actually previously been a blog) made me smile or even giggle on every other page, warming my heart to the extent that at some points I might cry with the beauty of it all.
He also lets you in on his favourite bands and films and lyrics. I rarely devour books but read this in two days and am about to start again and this time I will be taking notes..
on 28 October 2014
5* review but amazon won't let you post it unless you write war and peace!!....5 stars says all!
on 23 January 2016
Excellent read!
on 3 January 2011
I was surprised when I first saw this book at its size that of an ordinary paper back I expected it to be like a graphics novel