Customer reviews

on 31 October 2016
One of my most favourite books. Im 22 so wouldn't really class this as just a children's book. I loved it and so did my boyfriend and he's 25. Its so imaginative! One of the best stories I've read in years, after this I bought the remaining two books in the series. What a great Author, I will follow her work forever now.

Highly recommend this book
on 15 February 2015
Absolutely gripping. So mouthwatering, beautifully depicted and enthralling! I read it to my year 6 class and they were hooked! Fantastic!
on 7 March 2005
Reading this kinda me of Harry Potter and LOTR but with its own ethnic quality, Hindi culture. The main character tought and acted with understandable weakness and has his own strength (not a superhero though) but sometimes he got me depressed by his ignorance. Well, I sometimes get depressed by my ignorance.
What impressed me most is how fast-paced but full story it was without abandoning the feeling of its reader. I cried and smiled with Anand, Nisha and Abhaydatta and I really like the tied up ends though it is very open to be continued in the next sequence(s).
on 7 March 2005
This is a really lovely book. I'm only on chapter three and I think this is one of the best books ever written. There is some lovely discription, escpessioly when he describes the conch shell. THe conch shell is a magical shell, and it has been stolen. But they found it, and now is a long journey to return it to the crystal temple. Couldn't be better, a must read for everyone.