Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2013
Fascinating little gem which is useful for me as a writer. It is concise and clear as Miranda Lundy takes us step by step into the sacred world of of form. I also have Symmetry and the Golden Section. All three books are among my favorites that I visit often.
on 9 November 2010
Not a long book, but a charming one. Well written, clear, prettily bound, it's also full of very attractive illustrations, which are arranged as much for aesthetic delight as edification.

Excellent present for someone, accompanied by a pair of compasses and a pencil. They'll have a ruler, everyone has a ruler. Would also make a great book to work through with children, as it's maths, but it's maths of exquisite beauty and a high awesomeness quotient.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2017
Well chuffed and happy with it. A A A A A A A A A A A + + +
on 20 May 2017
Blurry text.
on 12 November 2005
Although small, this book is packed with useful information. I found the symmetry grids very interesting and have already been using them in my design work. Some of the book is quite complicated and will not suit everyone but I found it all very fascinating, and very clear. I have read it three times already and am recommending it to lots of people!
VINE VOICEon 30 November 2006
My brain doesn't do 3D too well so this gentle introduction served me well. There are many more challenging and deeper tomes on this subject but this is approachable and understandable, and it's so nicely presented!
on 21 January 2003
I found this little book very interesting and informative. I just had to get out my pair of compasses and have a go myself. This led me into an exploration of geomentric design which has now become an enjoyable passtime. Simple and well presented, good value for the price.
on 23 January 2004
After purchasing this I must admit I was rather disappointed, I was (a little naively for 64 pages) expecting something with quite a bit more depth and information.
This is a nicely presented, neat little introduction to some basic sacred geometry principles, with some good diagrams etc. but nothing more. It would not satisfy those seeking any kind of details or origins or anything elaborate in order to intrigue / convince.
But because of the good diagrams & nice paper etc. it'll either remain in my collection or it'll make a good gift to a painter friend!!!
on 30 November 2010
an excellent introduction book and a most convenient size. The prose is good and helpful (and in places humerous). A very worthwhile buy at a very reasonable price.
on 12 March 2016
A very well presented book, but with very limited information. I have seen more depth in free ebooks and pdfs. I had expected a lot more and so was left very disappointed with the purchase.