on 22 January 2003
I am a primary school teacher and I bought this book mainly for my own information as I like to learn how Victorian women helped to give me the life I lead today. I found it really interesting and read it in an afternoon.As I found it so interesting I asked one of my pupils to read it. She is 11 yrs and with excellent computer skills. This girl read it over 2 days(allowing time for homework)and said it was interesting in two ways. First of all how the computer was invented and how life was different then. My pupil did not believe anyone could have SUCH an interest in maths.
This book is a well deserved Blue Peter prize winner and child historians or number buffs MUST read it.
on 31 July 2015
Short & very sweet. Fascinating character.
on 27 November 2014
brilliant deal
on 3 December 2009
Perhaps it should have been obvious from the previous review, but I think it's still worrth pointing out to potential buyers: this book is a thin, fairly large print book for children or young teenagers.