Customer reviews

on 21 August 2012
I recommend this book for all generations of Wednesday fans. I found it very interesting to read about players and managers I knew little about, along with finding out more about my own heroes.

This book is more than just a list of facts and figures but a well-researched history of what it was like, with all its ups and downs, of pulling on the blue and white shirt. Of course, everybody will have their own opinion on who are the top 20 and the debate would never end but this is a great read for any wednesdayite.
on 17 August 2012
I got this on a whim, totally out of the blue, and I must say I was thoroughly impressed. The research is great, the interviews fascinating, and the whole thing reads really well. A must for any Owls fan, and I would definitely recommend it for any other football fan as well.
on 13 September 2012
Absolutely perfect present for any long-suffering Owl to remember the good times, and and younger fans wondering why their parents subjected them to watching Wednesday!!20 Legends: Sheffield Wednesday
on 28 June 2013
As a Sheffield Wednesday fan, I always enjoy reading about the history of the club and past players. This suited me down to the ground.
on 11 March 2014
Okay, so not all of them can be classed as real 'legends' and a few that are aren't included in the book but so what.
on 2 November 2012
I was skeptical at first about this book, as its often necessary with football books. However, I needn't have been.

This book is slightly deceptive in that it doesn't just cover the player or managers history, but tries to weave in the history of the club at the time, the effect the character had on the club and the team.

The book does not over rely on match reports for its research, while other areas of Wednesday history, particularly the 1960s Fairs Cup Runs, are covered in greater detail than I have ever seen previously.

The authors make no apology for leaving out well known names. A nice surprise was the chapter on Harry Catterick, a manager who I was a big fan of when he was managing the club, and of course, went on to great success at Everton.

Overall, I highly recommend this book for a light read.
on 14 October 2014