on 16 August 2005
Berger's book delivers what it says on the cover, except that not only beginners would benefit. The advice is clear and eminently practical - from selecting a spade to finding organic pesticides. The illustrations, print and even the [recycled] paper are pleasing, and the idea of including some well-chosen recipes is inspired. I couldn't recommend it too highly, and see it as the perfect Christmas present for the gardener who's got everything.
on 18 November 2016
A copy of this book was loaned to me but its so useful I bought my own copy. Really good for an allotment or veggie growing beginner with lots of useful advice, I'm going to keep my copy in my allotment shed so I can refer back to it quickly. Since I have taken over my allotment I've noted that this book is recommended on a lot of gardening forums by allotment owners...says it all.
on 24 December 2013
This is just what I needed, clear and precise information for the novice allotment owner. We acquired our allotment a month ago and have already begun digging and planted some garlic. At present, this is our bible. No doubt, as we gain experience, we will crave more specialist information but as far as we're concerned, as beginners, it has everything we need.
on 17 September 2011
this book was just what we needed to update our a organic gardening skills. I have never grown on an allotment always back garden. we have had to move areas so now we have limited space to grow. "allotment was the answer" hence this book.
loads of info, i am sure you too will be pleased with it contents
on 20 April 2013
I wanted to learn more about companion planting. This book has information about this product. I found it very useful and have put some of the suggestions in to practice on my allotment. A good source of information.
on 2 December 2016
A+++++
on 27 March 2009
Great book, better than some of the others I've read, gives month by month to do lists, lists different veggies with how to's and suggests companion plants where possibal, flowers, herbs and a trouble shooting section at the end. Has sections about planning out site, composting and general get your allotment ready stuff.
It has a few glossy's and a few recipes but besides that it is a easy read, easy to understand for beginners and a quick reference for the well seasoned veggie grower.
on 16 December 2015
Good ideas and good condition.
on 27 February 2015
Very good and interesting book, an idea first read for those new to allotments.
on 19 October 2014
Bought as a pressie. My neighbour loves it.