on 2 June 2013
This was always a book that was guaranteed to generate controversy and polarise opinion. I'm sure Melanie Phillips didn't mind in the slightest as it probably did a stellar job in increasing sales. I have to admit it internally polarised me throughout. At times I thought it was completely over the top and nothing short of scare mongering in regard to the threat that radical posed to Britain. At other times I found myself grudgingly admitting that Phillips was making a not completely unreasonable point. After all I don't think that anyone could deny that British society would be better off without radical islamists within its midst. The actual number of these people and the magnitude of the threat they pose in reality is an interesting question. I don't think that Phillip's views and position on the matter are particularly accurate,but no doubt others will. I guess individuals have to read it for themselves and make up their own mind. In saying that I would stop sort of recommending this book as a must read or anything because frankly in terms of writing style etc Melanie Phillips isn't anything special.
on 30 October 2006
Well researched and well argued, a must read for those who seek truth.
on 30 April 2009
The whole story is mindboggling, though true and not only in England but all over Europe. This book should be a must read to all politicians. It calls a spade a spade, which is a rarity today.
on 26 August 2006
An intesting insight. The author uses a range of references to back up her claims. She writes from a pro-western point of view.
on 29 December 2014
For research
on 28 December 2014
Good read
on 25 August 2012
The UK's 'Liberal/Socialist' elite will hate/fear this book, because it tells the bald truth about the modern-day Britain they've created. For some fifty years this left-leaning clique have regarded Islam rather like a prize poodle, to be trotted out and complimented at party rallies/TV programmes etc... but have completely failed to understand the inherent strength of the Islamic faith/lifestyle; or to realise that once Europe's traditional Christian beliefs had been undermined/destroyed, Islam not their atheistic Socialist 'paradise' would replace it. Unlike most Western politicians I've spent the latter half of my working life in the Islamic World and clearly understand Ms Phillips's message; she is writing for everyone/anyone who still cares about the future of freedom, liberty, justice and peace for their children/grandchildren. For the sake of not just the UK but the entire Western World, please buy/read this book.

Some thirty years ago now, on one of my first trips to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia; I saw a massive billboard advert which influenced how I have viewed life ever since. People who have never visited Saudi might find this strange, but written in English words six foot high was the slogan "Pierce The Great Satan In The Eye. Have A Child For Allah." accompanied by a cartoon picture of a very Jewish looking Uncle Sam, being hit in the eye with an arrow, just like King Harold at Hastings. As a young man raised to believe that getting girls pregnant was ultimate sin I didn't know what to make of this, but later raised the matter with our Palestinian interpreter Omar. He was a cheerful, easy going type; but what he told me shocked me to my core, and I've never looked at world events in the same way since.

In a conversation lasting some twenty minutes, Omar explained to me that when a society becomes gripped by the Devil/Satan, the effects are always the same; virtue and honour are abandoned, the people become selfish and lazy, blind to the wickedness around them; while the leaders become arrogant, greedy and corrupt, prepared to do any evil to gain the vices/luxuries they crave. The result of this demonic control is degeneracy, the men become weak, the women whores, while all bonds of decency are broken. The inevitable reward of this demonic/hedonistic lifestye is social, moral and individual decay; greed leads to crime, moral failure shatters the family and the birthrate plummets. When God/Allah sees the suffering of the people he sends them a prophet/messiah, to lead them back to the ways of truth and decency; but if this prophet is rejected, and the evil do'ers curse his name; their curses will rebound upon them and they will be swept from the face of the Earth; for the wages of sin are death!

I came home with a very different point of view, found and married a decent girl, and eventually had eleven children; whether for God or Europe I still don't know. But what Omar explained to me then has become ever clearer as the years have passed. I've seen Britain's best and brightest refuse to have children because of cost, responsibility, career etc.... while the meanest specimens breed simply to claim more welfare. I've seen crime rocket to levels unimaginable in my youth; 'gay marriage' legalized, abortion become a 'lifestyle choice'. I've seen British justice become a travesty; only recently literally hundreds of corrupt MP's have been publicly exposed, but only a token few were even prosecuted, let alone properly punished. It's this demonic lifestyle into which our people are now sunk which is destroying us, not the Muslims in our midst. Blessed by God/Allah for their piety and the decency which a pious lifestyle brings, they will merely replace us; when our system's wickedness has consumed both us and the Devil's brew we now regard as culture.

The most amazing thing Omar also told me that day was the name of the prophet, rejected by the West he came to save; and I can assure you his name is still cursed to this day. But despite the words of the wicked; the wages of sin are still death, and the Western World is being swept away, just as he predicted. I'm almost sixty now and my children mostly have children of their own. I should dearly love to think that they, and the ever increasing numbers of my grandchildren, will see the 'Christian' West grown strong, virile and decent once again, but as I watch the TV News I I know it won't happen; and I think you do to.....

"Londonistan is a last-minute warning for Britain and for much of the free world...the book is powerful and frightening, but also courageous." Nathan Sharansky.
99 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2015
When will people wake up? And what is wrong with the media and politicians? For how much longer can this Emperor's New clothes. tragedy continue? I hope it is not already too late.
on 2 January 2016
Another winner from Melanie Phillips and kinda scary at the same time. The book is well researched and has a lot of great reading in it, time for the people in the UK to wake up.
on 9 December 2014
Wow. Scarier than the scariest thriller, a must read for anybody who wants to educate themselves on current political and social issues.