Customer reviews

on 23 February 2016
Love Relax Kids. We have two cd's and 3 books. My daughters, 5 and 8 both choose a story to have before they go to sleep. It has helped us get into a relaxing bedtime routine. My older daughter has trouble falling asleep and these relaxations help her to stop worrying and thinking about the day. Lovely book for little ones.
on 30 November 2013
If you are looking for a way into practising mindfulness with your kids or class then this book is great! It has lots of different stories in it (princess and the pea, alice in wonderland, owl and the pussy-cat) and they are about a page long, so each little story only takes about 5-10 minutes depending on how slow you want to read it to them. The children lie down, close their eyes and then you tell them the story. For example, there is one story where they are a snowman, they feel the snow falling on their face and can see it shimmering on the grass, they feel a little robin hop along their arm and smile at it....and so on. They are really lovely stories. I did this with a group of children with mixed results, some of them really relaxed and got into it, visualising the things in the stories, but others could not keep still and found it boring. This is to be expected really, but I think that with some practise you could get them into the routine of relaxing and listening to these stories. Not very in depth meditations and not very long, but overall very sweet and a good way in for absolute beginners.
on 16 October 2014
We bought 3 meditation books- Nightlights, Magix box and Aladins magic carpet.

We enjoyed the ALADINS MAGIC CARPET the most. Short nice meditations, nothing too much to visualise just the right amount and easy to understand with some affirmations in the end.
on 27 June 2015
very fast delivery, excellent item. would definitely recommend
on 5 February 2014
My daughter who has always struggled to switch off at night has found all of these books really helpful. They are beautifully illustrated and are just short enough to add on to bedtime routine after a proper bedtime story!
on 23 August 2014
Good idea but we accidentally ordered this book (aimed at 5+), rather than the one for older children so cannot make good use of it yet. Tried simplifying it but my 4.5 year old is not very impressed.
on 14 October 2014
Stunning!! This book and the others in the series have transformed my daughter's bedtime. The visalisations are beautifully written, structured and presented.
on 3 January 2013
this is a lovely book though I do find the meditations all a little similar and so haven't got very far in using this as much as I'd hoped with children.
on 21 December 2013
Super book for reading at night when child is anxious or has low confidence. Highly recommend for home and school.
on 26 May 2015
Great copy of this book. One of my favourites. I have to keep buying it as I give it away regularly.