on 4 December 2014
Some good high fibre recipes but really needed better editing - it is confusing and contradictory in its guidance. Appears to be culled from a number of different sources, for example p32 'Best choices in fruit and vegetables' lists avocados in its foods to avoid list. Get to p34 and there is a half a page on how good avocados are for you, concluding with 'They also have a reputation for protecting you against cancer, particularly of the bowel - just what is needed in diverticulitis'. So which is it? Are avocados friend or foe? Did anyone actually bother to read through the whole thing before publishing it?
on 3 August 2017
Lots of information- good.
on 15 November 2013
This book was extremely informative and had very good, varied, menus, explanations gentle exercise plans. I would recommend this book for Diverticulitis suffers.
on 1 September 2014
This book is nothing more than an expensive cook book, with recipes that seem to have no resemblance to its subject.
on 12 April 2012
This is a good paperback book, I bought it for my elderly mother but decided she would have some difficulty with it as I would have expected it to be more logically ordered, good for me though
on 25 June 2017
Very pleased with the items I purchased apart from water coolers 2 had to be sent back
on 18 April 2009
Diverticulitis is often referred to as the westerners disease, suggesting those of us who have it have a very poor diet and sedentary lifestyle. As someone who has always taken care of my diet and is reasonably fit, I felt the author came across as rather condescending. The recipes lacked inspiration and are not easy to locate under their headings. Many of them I would not be able to eat at a time of inflammation and infection as they would simply cause too much pain. Several of the recipes might be useful, but unfortunately I think this book may remain on the shelf rather than be a constant companion.
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2011
I was disappointed with this book. I could have bought any book that increases the about of fibre in the diet and it would have been, in my opinion, a better buy than this book as it doesn't give enough information relating to a diet for people, like me who have diverticulitis, but fibre actually makes the condition worse. So, for me this book was a waste of money.
on 14 September 2010
I have used some of the recipes and read quite a bit, for someone only just diagnosed it is very useful little book
on 22 December 2009
This was bought for my mum who has diverticulitis. She has found it very helpful and enjoys the recipes.