Customer reviews

on 10 January 2005
After watching the webcast of this some years ago (when was it? I can't remember-getting older) I was suitably pleased with the way the story went. I think what worked for me is that I'm a huge fan of Colin Baker's Doctor and of the relationship that he has with Evelyn, and it works realy well in this play. I did find the plot a bit conveluted and to this day can still not figure out who the CyberController is meant to be at the end ( answer's on a postcard please), I also find that I much prefer Gary Russel's audio scripts better then his books-e.g. Legacy versus Zagreus and so on- but minor gripes aside this was a fast paced and fun adventure, with the first appearence of the 6th Doctor's much improved costume and some very disturbing Cyber conversion scenes. Reccommended if you like a fun but slightly forgettable dose of Who.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 April 2012
I absolutely loved this audio story. I believe it was originally a webcast, but I came to this audio cd with no preconceptions or previous knowledge of the history of the story, so was open to the adventure of the Doctor and Evelyn - anything that incorporates cybermen is good in my book!

There is a great rapport in the relationship between the Doctor and Evelyn - she's obviously a lady who stands no nonsense; and that seems to make the Doctor more agreeable all round really. There's a lovely wordplay near the beginning of the story on "morning" and "mourning" suits, which is really funny. From there the story gets serious as mysterious disappearances, temples with time portals, and cybermen all come into play.

I see the previous reviewer says he/she couldn't work out who the Cyber Controller was - seriously, I don't think it was that hard - I certainly had not worked it out before, but the horror, when it is divulged, is definitely clear enough I thought.

Brilliantly played, by all the cast - and the cyber conversion and destruction scenes are horrible to listen to - I found myself glued to the chair with a horrified expression on my face as they played out. Gruesome indeed; but integral to the story.

The story is left open-ended, which is nice, and leaves the way for sequels to this particular storyline - yes please I would definitely like to hear more of where this story could go!