on 8 July 2014
I've just completed a Masters in Social Work and bought this book a year ago: I'm on track for a good grade and, without a doubt, this has been my most-used book and has helped me with every single assignment! It gives a basic overview of a wide range of theories and models, giving each a clear description and critique. This provided keywords when then helped me to search academic articles/journals if I needed to explore the model/theory in more depth... Thank you!!
on 1 February 2017
All as described.
The book is very useful for applying things in practice, how to do so correctly. Also it's useful in citing critique of practices. Group work for example: "members of the group may have a certain prejudice against others within".

Strongly recommend this book.
on 15 January 2017
This book is great, it's easy to follow and very informative
on 3 November 2016
essential for students doing SVQ
on 21 April 2017
Explains SW practice relatively in plain language from a multitude of aspects. A must have for anyone into SW
on 11 February 2017
Book is brilliant real life saver. I have however had the unfortunate experience of being charged twice for this item.
on 23 October 2016
Thank you so much for the signed copy both books are amazing and great quality. A great book for any social work student. I will be buying more from Siobhan.
on 16 March 2017
Fantastic comprehensive guide to theory and practice. This has been completely invaluable during placement and will continue to be an essential tool once I qualify.
on 27 January 2015
Simple yet informative..... at Degree level I would not cite this book, but I definitely used it as reference in my every practice during placement. Excellent buy that I would certainly recommend.
on 20 October 2014
brilliant buy for a student social worker. this book breaks down every theory and explains it in a way that anyone can understand! used this as a revision book and it helped me pass my exam! brilliant book! highly recommended!